Is there anything that can replace Tapatalk?

There are some push notification addons as well as an app being developed.

Will these make your users happy? Does it replace Tapatalk? There is a pretty good chance the answer is no. The same people you hate for using tapatalk usually don't wish to use a separate app for just your site or just xenforo sites. The uproar wont be as bad as removing tapatalk and not providing anything else. But such a change can do signifigant damage if you don't check your demographic first.

I honestly forget to install the app on my phone anymore so there are quite a few sites including the ones i develop that I rarely read my conversations or new posts mentioning me until several days after the fact lol.

Tapatalk is not just "responsive design and notifications". It's a community aggregator. You can't do that with local board add-ons.

There are some push notification addons as well as an app being developed.

Will these make your users happy? Does it replace Tapatalk? There is a pretty good chance the answer is no. The same people you hate for using tapatalk usually don't wish to use a separate app for just your site or just xenforo sites. The uproar wont be as bad as removing tapatalk and not providing anything else. But such a change can do signifigant damage if you don't check your demographic first.

I honestly forget to install the app on my phone anymore so there are quite a few sites including the ones i develop that I rarely read my conversations or new posts mentioning me until several days after the fact lol.

I don't hate the people using Tapatalk, I am unhappy with the company itself. I hope a viable competitor comes along.

Top Bottom