1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anything that can replace Tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by jonsidneyb, Feb 17, 2016.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Is there anything that can replace Tapatalk?

2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

There are some push notification addons as well as an app being developed.

Will these make your users happy? Does it replace Tapatalk? There is a pretty good chance the answer is no. The same people you hate for using tapatalk usually don't wish to use a separate app for just your site or just xenforo sites. The uproar wont be as bad as removing tapatalk and not providing anything else. But such a change can do signifigant damage if you don't check your demographic first.

I honestly forget to install the app on my phone anymore so there are quite a few sites including the ones i develop that I rarely read my conversations or new posts mentioning me until several days after the fact lol.

Cthulhux likes this.
  3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

A script with responsive design.

D.O.A. and Joe. like this.
  4. jonsidneyb

So no good competing products yet then.

5. Cthulhux

Cthulhux Member

Tapatalk is not just "responsive design and notifications". It's a community aggregator. You can't do that with local board add-ons.

6. jonsidneyb

I don't hate the people using Tapatalk, I am unhappy with the company itself. I hope a viable competitor comes along.

Kaynil and whynot like this.
  7. jonsidneyb

And when there is a good competitor I will go to them.

8. Cthulhux

Cthulhux Member

Why, what is missing for you?

9. jonsidneyb

It's not the product that I have a problem with. It's them. If a viable competitive product comes along I will jump ship.

10. sross

sross Active Member

Slavik via mobile orange have a dedicated app that seems imminent release :)

11. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

Which is what Xenforo is. :)

I suppose the best alternative to tapatalk is using your mobile browser and typing your forums URL into the address bar. :p

whynot likes this.