Is there a mod community planned?

glorify

Just wondering if there will be a mod community on site our will there be something planned at a separate location?

That's IMHO a nice move for the customer. (So the support if here will be one^^ don't have to post always " pls check xxx.org for code modifications^^)

Ha at least you won't be reading - "we don't support modified code here. You must go to xenForo.org for support".
... and then when customers do what the staff person tells them to do, of using code from xxxxxxxxx.org, they are then told in follow-up posts that, sorry, support can't be provided while you're using that code and you need to uninstall it first.

Are there any plans to reach out to the commercial mod community? Something like an App store would help.
Many boards use various paid addons and need these to support XenForo in order to migrate.

A Central mod store opens up for greater discovery and competition but it does then open xenForo themselves, what if you purchase a mod but the author doesn't deliver the user really should blame you but they could end up blaming XenForo...

The only way around this would be for them to also work as an escrow service only releasing the money if the customer is happy with it etc but then there is possibility for the mod Author to be messed around...

I just don't see it happening... But only Mike or Kier could say definitively.

I'm sure you are still going to get the "disable plugins first" and "restore your modified files" lines. That would be a standard first step in debugging a problem that is not being exhibited by others.

I'm sure you are still going to get the "disable plugins first" and "restore your modified files" lines. That would be a standard first step in debugging a problem that is not being exhibited by others.

Indeed it would be crazy of them not too... First you need to identify where the bug is coming from... Then you need to follow the correct channels to fix it...

Step 1. Disable all mods, does it work now... (Yes - Proceed / No - Raise Ticket)
Step 2. Re-enable each mod one by one testing after each one, is the mod a default one or a custom/3rd party? (Default - Raise Ticket / 3rd Party - Contact 3rd Party / Custom - Discuss on Dev section how to fix)
Step 3. After re-enabling all mods it works suddenly (Be happy it fixed itself, if it returns complete the steps again..

They already registered xf.org so it shouldn't be too hard to set up.

I would hope that they just 301 redirect the .org and any other xenforo.*** to the xenforo.com and keep everything here... I guess if you offer language specific forums then that is different but even then it would be cool if say xenforo.de forwarded to the german forum on xenforum.com instead of being a different site.. I like the centralized idea...

On the same side it will be even cooler if they build a custom Repository for the mods here, similar to the one ModxCMS uses instead of what vBulletin.org has...

Top Bottom