iOS 7

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't need widgets?

Looks like all of Apple's servers have taken a dump from the load. Can't even download the latest iTunes update :LOL:

No. I've gotten used to not needing them and the only one I miss is the weather one. Which is built into iOS but has a dumb requirement, so I still don't use it.
THAT is the main thing I use on mine. I like having the custom one I use. I also use TetherMe since I'm on unlimited data and Verizon doesn't get to twisted about it as long as you don't go overboard (about the only time I use it is when I'm somewhere with no wifi and I need to access via my laptop).

What dumb requirement?

Looks like Apple's servers are working again.

iOS 7 download finishing in less than 1 minute

As far as I'm aware (or it was in earlier betas) it requires your location to be turned on for it to display weather. The older widget in iOS 6 and before just fetched the configured locations via the Weather app and displayed them in addition to your current location if it was enabled.

I'll check again when I get access to my phone.

Yeah, hence "dumb requirement". lol. I turn it off because it always (and has always) killed my battery and I move around a lot between different cell service areas.

Oh, how I LOVE iTunes. I have my router set up to forward Port 80 to my internal Dell server. BUT... if you do that then you cannot use iTunes to update the IOS with. It apparently requires that port 80 be running on the computer doing the update. Disabled the port forwarding and now I'm able to (at least) update the iPad mini to 6.1.3 (7.0 is not showing as available yet).

EDIT: well, spoke to soon. Back to getting error 9006 again. Time to go to the Windows computer and try it.

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't need widgets?

Looks like all of Apple's servers have taken a dump from the load. Can't even download the latest iTunes update :LOL:
Im addicted to my Android Widgets.. Particularly Adsense, Weather, TapaTalk and live Analytic's..

Oh, how I LOVE iTunes.
It's clearly the worst computer resource hog of all time.
iOS is great. iTunes is painful.

ios-7-redesign-comparison-2.jpg

I dont like the new icons. I should be able to use the old ones.
I'm still on 5.1.1 ... maybe I can just go to iOS 6 :)

On a whole, I feel as if iOS7 was a rather mute release. The inability to adjust the vibrant overload of colors bugs me. The extreme rounded corners look antiquated. The 3D effect on the background is a borderline waste of resources. The lack of drop shadow on a high contrast background makes reading app descriptions difficult.

I do like their use of animation while navigating the UI. I feel as if they are some of the only designers who've executed animation as it should be. The transparency effects are nice, but I worry if its just a resource waste.

I plan to give iOS7 a few days before I make my judgement as if I'll continue my usage of iOS devices, but for the time being, I'm not impressed.

On a whole, I feel as if iOS7 was a rather mute release. The inability to adjust the vibrant overload of colors bugs me. The extreme rounded corners look antiquated. The 3D effect on the background is a borderline waste of resources. The lack of drop shadow on a high contrast background makes reading app descriptions difficult.
+Agree.
Did anyone really want the icons to change ?

Maybe it's just my eyes .. but the new icons don't show off the best part of iphones : the retina display. These overly vibrant colours would look the same on my low res HTC phone.

Safaris Tabs are pretty sweet.. Still prefer the Chrome Mobile browser simply because it somewhat syncs with my Desktop version.. The Icons are bla but whatever.. Not a fan of the new folders yet, I think i will actually prefer them in time though..

It's clearly the worst computer resource hog of all time.
iOS is great. iTunes is painful.

ios-7-redesign-comparison-2.jpg

I dont like the new icons. I should be able to use the old ones.
I'm still on 5.1.1 ... maybe I can just go to iOS 6 :)
I see that both screens are of iOS7 however i dont understand the differences?

And as normal, their activation server is apparently overloaded AGAIN. Talk about poor planning. Been trying to get the Mini activated for the last 30 minutes.

Top Bottom