iOS 7

:LOL:

Sorry, I shoudn't be laughing but reading the claims by others in the other thread this made me chuckle a little.
Apparently the Mini is being a bear about it for some reason. Weird thing was, it never even picked up the IOS 7 update from my Mac (you know, that totally integrated environment that they provide) and had to go to a lowly Windows 8 machine to get it to work. :ROFLMAO:
From what I read, the phones seem to be doing fine. Some of the other iPads are having some problems also.
Well, at least now it's done. Will NOT be doing the iPhone as my jailbreak stuff puts IOS 7 to shame on what I can do.

FWIW, I've never had a major iOS update go smoothly (including iOS 7). It usually takes disabling & re-enabling wifi one or two times, and rebooting one or two times before verification succeeds and the install can proceed. Android updates, on other hand, tap 'install' and boom, done.

FWIW, I've never had a major iOS update go smoothly (including iOS 7). It usually takes disabling & re-enabling wifi one or two times, and rebooting one or two times before verification succeeds and the install can proceed. Android updates, on other hand, tap 'install' and boom, done.
Did that, tried cellular - you name it. It FINALLY installed. This is by far the worst problem I had ever had with IOS. Every other one went fairly smoothly. I NEVER use the OTA delta process - always do it direct through iTunes - that way I will already have the IPSW on the computer if I need to restore from DFU.

I have user reporting issues with XenForo on iPad iOS7 can anyone comment?

Hi Guys,
I've just updated the iPad to IOS7 and I'm having difficulties with the Forum now.

I click the login button, and then press the log in button. It takes me back to the original landing screen asking me to login.

Occasionally I get lucky and get in. So I approve a moderation post, and the next screen that pops up says

This webpage is not available. Reload.
The proxy was unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Do we need to see if there is a patch being released for iPad's and IOS7?

I'm thinking it could be his wifi rather than Safari?

It's definitely not an iOS bug or a XenForo bug from what I can tell.

I use iOS 7 and I cannot reproduce the issues described.

With regards to the login button, it might be wise if he tries that on another XenForo site (could also be site configuration related).

The issue described there, actually, sounds as if it could be related to not having a canonical URL.

That's where he could be tapping into his address bar:

http://example.com

But your site is also available at:

http://www.example.com

Although they look the same, they are technically treated as two completely different sites.

Having a canonical URL would force all your users to only one of those URLs. If you haven't got that set up, then it's possible that after logging in at http://example.com the login process then redirects him to http://www.example.com and because the browser treats them as different sites with different cookies, the first log in wasn't valid.

That's one theory anyway.

If it's any consolation mine went completely without a problem and was quite quick too (y)
Mine on the phone did also. I went to the local Verizon corporate store - told 'em give me a 64GB space gray 5s and walked out the door after dropping the coin on it. :p
Wasn't going to, but what the heck - this way I can keep one JB and one with the current version. If they would have had the gold/champagne ones in stock I would have gotten one of them also just to sell on e-bay. Saw one there earlier with an asking price of $1500 - and he'll probably get it.

Last edited:
They shouldn't be cursing you out. It's so rude that people do that. It's not personally your fault.

Though, Apple as a company seriously need to review their plan for next time. I would have been one of the first people in the UK to order the iPhone 5s as the very moment I refreshed the site on my laptop and saw the Store had come back up, I immediately did a Quick Pay order on the Apple Store app. Was ordered and had an order confirmation within about 3 minutes of the store coming back online.

I'm not likely to see the handset for about 3 weeks.

Compare that to the iPhone 4S launch. I pre-ordered as soon as I was able to and it was delivered on the launch day. Much better.

Have installed iOS 7 on my iPad earlier this week and it's pretty snappy...

Now that the weekend is here, my kids are allowed to play with it. I have twin 5 year old boys, and as soon as they turned it on they were left a little confused... "Daddy, what happened? Where is all my stuff?"

Meanwhile, the layout of the home screen is identical, and they have their 2 education folders sitting right there in front of them. The whole look and different animations completely threw them off and wanted to know where the "other" iPad was. ;)

Mine on the phone did also. I went to the local Verizon corporate store - told 'em give me a 64GB space gray 5s and walked out the door after dropping the coin on it. :p
Wasn't going to, but what the heck - this way I can keep one JB and one with the current version. If they would have had the gold/champagne ones in stock I would have gotten one of them also just to sell on e-bay. Saw one there earlier with an asking price of $1500 - and he'll probably get it.

Here in Vancouver people at the front of the line were being offered $500 (over and above the regular price) by people wanting a gold iPhone. Can't believe people would pay so much for a color. I hope they know it's not real gold.

I ordered a gold one before I read all the hype, so if I don't like it I should have no problem trading it and making a few $$$ as well.

Got my 5s Space Gray also at a carrier shop. Went to Deutsche Telekom on monday and said, I want to renew my contract, so give me the 64 GB in Space Gray... And guess what, on friday the DHL was here dropping my new iPhone.

Made some people real jealous who were actually waiting at an Apple Store and went home with nothing. :D

Having compared my 4S to the 5s face-to-face, I found out that iOS 7 is not that much slower on the 4S than on 5s. At least with everyday work. Don't know about games yet. 5s boots up Doodle Jump a little faster (but not 4 times as fast), but this one can hardly be considered a benchmark, I guess.

upload_2013-9-25_17-39-27.webp

iOS7 has "flatter" icons with no drop shadows.
Hopefully iOS8 debuts icons with more depth and drop shadows.
The icons on the left look better to me.

Apple is changing for change's sake.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/death-to-textures-ios-6-and-ios-7-compared-in-pictures/

Yeah... I think a quote from the following article sums it up for me (http://theultralinx.com/2013/06/ios-7-icons-looked.html):

"The word going round is that they let their marketing team design these icons, a team which most likely doesn’t have a clue about icon design."​

Interesting article and points out that the icons (UI) are the first thing(s) people will see... why would they overlook the flaws and inconsistancies?

The parallax is a nice effect. It makes the icons pop out more for sure.
Not sure if you're referring to iOS6 or 7?
If 7, I don't think the icons pop, at least not compared to 6. It might just be my goofy vision, but the icons in iOS7 certainly live up to their hype (flat). :)

Let's see... IOS 7 was released on on 09/18, got my 5s and was immediately told there was an update to 7.01, today I hook into iTunes and there awaits 7.0.2. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom