iOS 7

I've been using all the betas since 1 on both an iPad 4 and iPhone 5 (so can't comment on how it works on older devices like the 4S or 4). As to the looks I neither love or hate it - it's simply not relevant to me. However, of all the people I showed it to most comments were positive. As to features, there are a lot of small improvements. This is to be expected as I think most good ideas for smartphones have already been done and all that's left are going to be small tweaks and enhancements.

I really like the fact that they've improved performance in many areas. For example, Safari benchmarks (Octane, Kraken, Sunspider and Browsermark) are all faster in iOS 7 Beta 5 than they are in iOS 6. Octane and Kraken are substantially faster. In fact, if you take the fastest tested GS4 variant and put it against the iPhone 5 they are about equal in these benchmarks. So it's good to see Apple has been optimizing their code to perform better along with adding new features.

"Initial Shock" is a perfectly acceptable phrase to use in relationship to any product. iOS had an "initial shock" when it first came out too.
After Windows Phone 6.5 (anyone here use that piece of junk), I was just oohing and aahing the first time I got an iPhone. There was no shock of any kind. I loved it from the word Go.

Now, iPhone OS has been getting long in the tooth and I am looking forward to iOS 7, especially if it has gotten lots of tweaks. On iOS 6, it irritates me to no end that I have to go to Settings to adjust the brightness when I crawl into bed, or go to Settings to turn off and on Wifi. It will be fantastic to have these right there on the pull-up screen.

Also, just FYI the button icons were not created by Jony Ive's team but by marketing, and are being changed.

It will be fantastic to have these right there on the pull-up screen.
Btw, this pull-up thing sucks badly on the iPad... Especially if you're scrolling through a browser page. I tend to grab the page quite at the bottom of the screen and every time this panel comes up...

Really? Don't go over to ModyMyI then. :whistle:
or MacRumors - place is full of idiots who have no ability to see that it is possible to like Apple products and own a Samsung or Android product at the same time. I regularly get moaned at over there when I try to reason with brainwashed plonkers.

Does it really surprise you that fanboy forums are full of fanboys? :unsure:
Nope. It surprises me how dumb some of them can be though. I'm a Mac guy however know full well that its not 'superior' nor 'inferior' to other options - you try telling that to some of these people and its like you just told them you shot Bambi!

I had the first iPhone, the 3G, then the iPhone 4. Great phone, however, I got so tired of looking at the same screen after all of those years. Now I'm using a HTC One X+ android. I have to say I'm happy with the switch for now, it's something new and seems more aimed for "techy" people. I will say the battery life isn't that great though.

Downloading the official release of iOS7 now.. I havent played with any of the Betas but i am hoping this addresses some of the iOS shortcomings.. Until recently the iPhone has been out of my budget so i always stuck with Android.. Since getting my first iPhone i cant tell you how disappointed i was/am... Seriously is incorporating Widgets so difficult?

Widgets as you want them still don't exist. I've gotten rather used to not having them, although, it is the one feature I still miss from my Android days.

Widgets as you want them still don't exist. I've gotten rather used to not having them, although, it is the one feature I still miss from my Android days.
That's the main reason I won't be updating my phone (will the iPads) to IOS 7 until JB is out. I have to many tweaks that I use from Cydia that I depend on. In fact, trying to update the Mini right now and all I get is that 6.1.3 is available as an update - but it's not even available. Get an error 9006 every time I try. :p

Top Bottom