Installation stalled, can't have Xenforo on my server

Hi everyone !
Sorry to make my first post here a complaint, but so far I have not been able to install Xenforo on my host, which is annoying, to say the least.
I updated the files, CHMODDED to 777 the proper directories, as stated in the manual, but I ended up with this message :
Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 653
  9. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->importAdminNavigationAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 608
  10. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->importAdminNavigationDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 35
  11. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  12. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 240
  13. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /web/retromania/www/install/index.php at line 18
Well, I don't know what to do at this stage.
Could anyone help me sort this out ?
Thanks in advance
Eric

This isn't a very common error. Usually the installation is flawless and very easy.

This particular error indicates that there are issues with your MySQL server. So, with that in mind, your first step should be to contact your host. They will need to verify with you that you are specifying the correct connection details for MySQL and importantly check their error logs to work out why the connection to MySQL is timing out.

Hope that helps

Good evening !
I have an answer by my host asking what the (I suppose) MySQL pre-requisites for the install of Xenforo are.
I can't say I know them. Could someone please help me with that ?
Thx a bunch, guys !
cheers

Good evening !
I have an answer by my host asking what the (I suppose) MySQL pre-requisites for the install of Xenforo are.
I can't say I know them. Could someone please help me with that ?
Thx a bunch, guys !
cheers
http://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

download that file above...

upload it to your server...

navigate your web browser to example.com/path/to/file...

That will output your server's status against xf requirements

le !
download that file above...

upload it to your server...

navigate your web browser to example.com/path/to/file...

That will output your server's status against xf requirements
Done that, answer is : server meets xenforo requirements. I had already done that before, that's why I bought the script :)

Anyway, thanks EQnoble !

@melbo : I'll post them your answer. See what they will say. Thx to all, guys, really appreciate you take some of your time
to help a xenforo newb ! ;)

Top Bottom