Import from vb3.8x challenges

The Geek

Having some challenges with the vb3.8x importer:

• I ran the importer and it appeared to work (took a couple hours).
  • But no media in gallery.
  • Uploaded a new image and it worked fine
  • Rebuilt everything (which took ages too) but nada.
  • So have restarted the import (had to remove the 1 item I uploaded. Otherwise data folder was empty).
  • Imported albums (took a couple seconds)
  • Am now importing media (which will take a couple hours)
  • Just checked data folder and nothing is in there
  • Have checked the xengallery_album, media and the xf_import_table. All are empty.

Any ideas?

Generally there's two causes for this.

The files no longer being where we expect them to be (in which case they might need to be moved) or the vBulletin archive log not existing or not containing the correct data.

As the albums aren't importing, I suspect it's more likely related to the archive log.

When the importer asks you for the "archived import log" you need to enter the name of the archived import log you created after you completed the vBulletin forum to XF import.

Without it, it can't be certain which content in vBulletin belongs to which member in XenForo. If at any point it can't map a vBulletin user to a XenForo user, its content will be skipped. It sounds like that's what's happening here.

It will matter if it doesn't create an import log that is compatible with the default XenForo import log (formatted with the same columns as the xf_import_log table).

If that doesn't exist or isn't provided to the Gallery importer, then, yes, that will likely be why it is failing.

Thanks Chris. I seem to think it does but spent so much time massaging it into place, I am not sure I still have it. Guess I'll try again :)

Many thanks!

Edit - Yup. That worked. Just pointed it to the archived import. Thanks!

I checked with @Slavik.

The import data is logged to the xf_import_log table by default. When you started the vB Albums to XFMG import, then, it should have asked you if you wanted to save that data from a previous import or discard it.

The default name for this would be "archived_import_log". It might be worth checking to see if that table exists in your DB. If it does, then just supply that name when you begin the Gallery import and hopefully that should solve the problem.

If the table doesn't exist, actually we might be able to create it without much trouble.

Top Bottom