XF 1.5 Image Proxy - Image and Link Proxy Secret Key

melbo

We run Image proxy to preserve external images 'Image cache lifetime: 0'
I didn't realize that changing the Secret Key would cause a refresh of the proxy cache. It did and I lost 1000's of images that are no longer available externally. Is there any way of recovering short of restoring from a backup?

As much as I'd hate to lose a few days of forum activity, the broken images are enough to make me want to retore the db. Question is will that do it?

The secret key isn't involved in determining whether a refresh from the source is needed; it's really for situations involving hot linking. It shouldn't affect whether an image is displayed. Do you have an example URL?

If the files are present, then they should be used. I suspect that the broken images aren't actually present in the file system.

Are you positive these specific images were working before? To confirm, you'd need a database and a file backup to determine the record in xf_image_proxy that applies and whether the file exists for that ID.

Looking now. It's possible that they weren't and I hadn't visited Page 1 of that thread in many years.
This started from member comments and they might be exaggerated.

So unchecking and then rechecking Proxy Images wouldn't cause a refresh of the cache?

Unchecking and rechcecking the option shouldn't change anything. It's basically only used to control whether the proxied links are generated.

We can probably say this was not an issue and the broken links were broken prior to utilizing the Image Proxy feature. Thank you for the explanation.

Top Bottom