XF 2.1 Image and link proxy - Threads shows broken images. No cache clearing options?

Skyrider

I recently temp shut down the main website, where images were located. Now that I restored them, Xenforo still shows dead images within the thread. As the images I posted within this thread, originated from another (sub)domain.

1590414000586.png

If I disable the proxy within the AdminCP, the images will show up fine. If I delete the /internal_data/image_cache directory, files are not being re-created. (I did restore the files). And I can't seem to find any cache clearing options either.

What's the best way to solve this?

right. try resetting the Image and link proxy secret key. i doubt that this would help but it is supposed to update all proxied links so might trigger an update.

Thanks, but it had no secret key to begin with. When I included one, it didn't do much. Images were still dead. Even when I switched the cache to 1 day.

Why isn't there any clear cache function?

Does sound like a small flaw in the system.

from what i have read from developers in other threads about image cache... they recommend keeping the cache life low and the system would delete old images itself over a period of time. but since you have already deleted the content in the image_cache folder... i am not sure why this is happening on your board.

i have seen some cases where xenforo fails to proxy some images. so they show the same error image. that usually can be fixed by saving the file in another format and hotlinking them.

What if all images fails though? I'd have to go one by one? Just attempted to enable the system again, apparently the images are still dead. When I edit the thread, images show up just fine. It's really the proxy system.

So now I can't use the system to have a full SSL enabled, because it looks like it's not working properly.

it really makes no sense to be honest. unless cloudflare caching is somehow enabled on your website. this is the kind of behavior that is likely to happen if the proxied images are being served from cloudflare type cache on frontend. because of the images are indeed deleted in image_cache folder, they should be recreated. cloudflare cache would prevent that from happening because the image would never be processed by xenforo if they are already cached. purge cache in cloudflare dashboard in any case perhaps?

is only that post having issues? or the entire forum with proxy enabled?

i would suggest keeping ssl enabled. and whenever you find posts with broken images... just turn them into attachments.

I've double checked with cloudflare, and it really is set to DNS only. For good measure, I've "purged" the entire cloud cache as well with no luck. I once again erased the entire image_cache directory to see if it would be written. And weird thing is, when I go to other threads with http image links, new files is being generated in the image cache directory with the exception of that specific thread that I'm having issues with.

if it's just a couple images and you know the source, the easiest way is to just edit the thread and re-attach them as new images.

I run my cache settings super high. like, a year.

Does anyone achieved to fix this issue?
I have the same problem, and I'm on cloudflare. I tried to clear cache but with no result.

The issue is that I'm running my xF2 board in 2 different domains. Lets name them domain1.com and domain2.com
Let's say that we have the image file www.domain1.com/imgfile.jpg / www.domain2.com/imgfile.jpg (since the server file system is the same).
If a thread post that appear on domain1.com/threads/x
... has this image url on [ img ] tags:
www.domain2.com/imgfile.jpg
... the image is broken.

If I edit the post and apply:
www.domain1.com/imgfile.jpg
... the image is ok. But I can't fix by hand all posts.

Any idea?

Perform query to database with replacing [IMG]www.domain2.com on [IMG]www.domain1.com in all posts?
The database is the same on both domains. If I run it, it will change all domains to one specific for all posts. If all goes domain1.com, what about the posts which appears on domain2.com?

Top Bottom