1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Identify Facebook Registrations? for username change

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mouth, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Is it possible to identify Facebook registrations?
    I would like to create a notice with criteria of 'Registered with Facebook' advising users how they can change their forum username from "Mary Smith" to MaryIsAHot11.
    I get too many signups using FB authentication, and users then requesting username changes because they didn't realise, and don't want, their persona on forums to be their full name.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can setup a notice with the criteria "User's forum account is associated with their Facebook account".

3. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Thanks, I saw that one.
    But wouldn't it include anyone whom has associated their account with FB, not just registered using FB auth?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. Mike

I don't know what "TT auth" is.

But yes, it would cover anyone with an associated FB account. There isn't really a distinction between registering with FB and being associated with it.

5. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking Tapatalk, but meaning Facebook.

OK, thanks.
    It would be good to be able to identify Facebook based registrations - the whole username vs full name is quite an issue.

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Which has been more or less resolved, as far as I knew.

I don't think XenForo pull the Facebook name any more. Certainly not in XF 1.3.4/1.3.5 or 1.4. What version are you running? Could these users have registered a while ago before that change was made?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  7. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

I'm using 1.4.2, and still getting plenty of firstname lastname as username registrations everyday - 4 yesterday.
    If I look at a user account from ACP, I cannot see how to determine if the account is associated with any social account, or if they registered via social account auth.

8. Mike

That would be them entering that as their name on the form; we don't auto fill that.

You can see external auth associations in the "extra" tab on the ACP user edit page.