XF 1.3 Identify Facebook Registrations? for username change

Mouth

Is it possible to identify Facebook registrations?
I would like to create a notice with criteria of 'Registered with Facebook' advising users how they can change their forum username from "Mary Smith" to MaryIsAHot11.
I get too many signups using FB authentication, and users then requesting username changes because they didn't realise, and don't want, their persona on forums to be their full name.

Thanks, I saw that one.
But wouldn't it include anyone whom has associated their account with FB, not just registered using FB auth?

Last edited:
I don't know what "TT auth" is.

But yes, it would cover anyone with an associated FB account. There isn't really a distinction between registering with FB and being associated with it.

I don't know what "TT auth" is.
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking Tapatalk, but meaning Facebook.

But yes, it would cover anyone with an associated FB account. There isn't really a distinction between registering with FB and being associated with it.
OK, thanks.
It would be good to be able to identify Facebook based registrations - the whole username vs full name is quite an issue.

the whole username vs full name is quite an issue.
Which has been more or less resolved, as far as I knew.

I don't think XenForo pull the Facebook name any more. Certainly not in XF 1.3.4/1.3.5 or 1.4. What version are you running? Could these users have registered a while ago before that change was made?

Last edited:
There isn't really a distinction between registering with FB and being associated with it.
I don't think XenForo pull the Facebook name any more. Certainly not in XF 1.3.4/1.3.5 or 1.4. What version are you running? Could these users have registered a while ago before that change was made?

I'm using 1.4.2, and still getting plenty of firstname lastname as username registrations everyday - 4 yesterday.
If I look at a user account from ACP, I cannot see how to determine if the account is associated with any social account, or if they registered via social account auth.

That would be them entering that as their name on the form; we don't auto fill that.

You can see external auth associations in the "extra" tab on the ACP user edit page.

Top Bottom