XF 1.5 What's the best way to manage facebook registrations and non facebook registrations

tribedude

We are porting our big board from vb to Xenforo. The vB board never had facebook registration or login. Now I want to enable that once everything is moved over to Xenforo. Excuse the dumb questions, I am still trying to get all my ducks in a row before we actually do this move.

1) What is the best way to deal with existing members who might re-register with facebook and have multiple accounts (which I don't want)?

2) Is there a way for a user to edit their exiting registration so they can login with facebook AND/OR via and old school username & password method?

3) Is there a way for people to register with facebook and change their username to something other than their real name?

Thanks,

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
1) What is the best way to deal with existing members who might re-register with facebook and have multiple accounts (which I don't want)?
You would just have to merge them.

2) Is there a way for a user to edit their exiting registration so they can login with facebook AND/OR via and old school username & password method?
Yes, existing members can associate/link their accounts, rather than having to re-register.

3) Is there a way for people to register with facebook and change their username to something other than their real name?
Yes, the name can be changed prior to completing the registration.