I would love to convert to XenForo, but...

King Kovifor is currently working on a gallery add-on which may fulfil your needs.

Of course an importer of sorts will also be required to migrate the data.

What should I do with the member albums and our photo gallery? Everything else I modded into my vBulletin is not that important, but my members will go crazy if I remove the above.

Any suggestions?

I wanted the gallery too. But I still did the conversion. I have the old database to import photos and blogs.

Let's hope so, not sure if I should convert before this happens though.
I did, but the vB4 software was crashing my server almost everyday.. It was a trade off i had to make if my site was to be taken seriously.. I own a few Pet related sites and pictures /album are pretty important.. I left my vB database in tact for when a gallery becomes available.. So now that my members have forgot about them.. They will be shocked when Galleria is released and i can re import those albums.. My members did forgive me just because the XF software is so much better then vB4.. All situations are different but i just didn't have a choice and had to make the jump.. I'm glad i did and haven't regretted it once..

Something I've been considering is converting to XF, set the old forums (vB3x) to read-only and leave the albums open for use, basically turning the old forum into a bloated gallery album..

I did poll about this back in August 2010, like this:

Which features don't we need for the new forum ?

Results like this:

Portal 12,9%
Chat 12,9%
Gallery 3,23%
Social Groups 61,29%
Member Albums 19,35%
Calendar 23,26%
Other 3,23%

I did poll about this back in August 2010, like this:

Which features don't we need for the new forum ?

Results like this:

Portal 12,9%
Chat 12,9%
Gallery 3,23%
Social Groups 61,29%
Member Albums 19,35%
Calendar 23,26%
Other 3,23%
That's asking them about not having it at all. Why not ask them if they could do without it for a period of time?

I did, but the vB4 software was crashing my server almost everyday.. It was a trade off i had to make if my site was to be taken seriously.. I own a few Pet related sites and pictures /album are pretty important.. I left my vB database in tact for when a gallery becomes available.. So now that my members have forgot about them.. They will be shocked when Galleria is released and i can re import those albums.. My members did forgive me just because the XF software is so much better then vB4.. All situations are different but i just didn't have a choice and had to make the jump.. I'm glad i did and haven't regretted it once..

I know what you mean about the albums being important in pet communities with my husky-owners site. Luckily Im using invision at the moment so at least I dont have to bare with vb4. If I did have vb4 on then I would have made the same decision as yourself. As for the time being though I'm not moving anything until I can sort a gallery out. I may even use photopost for the time being if neccesary, however waiting to see KK's loveliness first :D

Top Bottom