I would love to convert to XenForo, but...

I can't believe Mike and Kier skipped Albums considering their statement:

A compelling community experience.

Intuitive. Social. Engaging. Fast. XenForo brings a fresh outlook to forum software.

Albums should have been incorporated from the git-go. (n)
Would you rather have had XenForo 1.0.0 out now, or XenForo 1.0.0 not out yet? Because it's a very simple choice, and we chose to get out a very accomplished forum system now rather than a forum system and a cms and a gallery and a blog and a shopping cart and a portal and a butt scratcher at some indeterminate point in the future.

I know what you are saying. I understand Gallery, CMS and Blog should not be part of the core development. But Albums is a different story. It should come natively just like attachments in forum threads. Albums in user profiles is a must for a modern social community. I totally agree with wii on that. Lack of Albums cripples community.

Lack of albums only kills communities where there is nothing interesting to talk about.

True. Nevertheless I still hope that you'll add this as add-on soon. I think that this is also a decision about money, your money. See, I'd love to buy xenforo for 140$ + buy an additional - well coded and fully integrated - addon for the gallery for 50 or more bucks. Just sell it for the same price as IPB does and I'm sure you'll open a new revenue stream and have a lot of more happy customers out there..

I know what you are saying. I understand Gallery, CMS and Blog should not be part of the core development. But Albums is a different story. It should come natively just like attachments in forum threads. Albums in user profiles is a must for a modern social community. I totally agree with wii on that. Lack of Albums cripples community.

I could not disagree more. What other forum software has/had albums as part of the core from the very beginning?

I am talking about the overall community. Peggy, I know it's home for you and many others.
lol no it is not home. My home is my own forum community, or will be when I get it up and running.

And in no way do I consider albums an essential part of the core software. They're nice to have, but a good forum, with interesting content, is not going to die, or even lack, without them.

vB didn't have albums until just a couple of years ago. Most other forum software doesn't have them at all. I don't see them failing for lack of albums. I think you've gone just a tad bit overboard with this.

How many new start-ups at par with XenForo you know? For a new modern social community software it's a must. The old man, vBulletin, has it built-in.
The "old man" has it built in yes,... but only a couple of years ago.

I completely disagree that a modern social community must have albums. As I said above, they're nice, but not essential, in any way, shape, or form.

I was under impression user albums was something taken seriously here as a next feature?
They may very well be. I have no idea.

Last time I looked vB did not have a photo gallery, just some piece of crap album system.
Get Coppermine, it is free !!
We're not talking about a gallery, we're talking about the user albums.
And that piece of crap album system was designed and coded by Kier and Mike, or at least one of their team, afaik.
I loved it.

Top Bottom