My name is Amin, and I own several photography-related vBulletin 4.x sites:
My reasons for wanting to switch to Xenforo:
-Better performance (based on this)
-Nice looking and functional mobile version
-Image and link proxy capable for turning embedded images into https (very important for changing photography forums over to https)
-Some great addons (I really like the post ratings addon I see at Admin Zone)
-vB5 doesn't look so great to me
-Perhaps most importantly of all, my sites are heavily dependent on vBadvanced CMPS, which the developer is not going to support going forward. So the writing is on the wall...
Some concerns which I hope the community here can comment on:
1) Is there a way for me to replicate the two column structure I have on my sites currently without messing up the mobile style?
2) My logged in members see the most recent 20-30 discussions in the right column on every page including thread pages. Guests see most recent 10 discussions. Can I do this in XF?
3) Is there a way to make it look like vB postbit as opposed to the vB postbit legacy style I see in this forum?
4) I currently use an "Easy Forms" addon in my "Buy & Sell" forums. To make a listing, members fill out a form, which outputs as a thread. Example here: http://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Can I do something like that in XF?
5) I use another addon for members to mark those Buy & Sell threads as completed after a transaction. Can I do something like that with XF?
6) Can I import Post Thanks and iTrader ratings to XF?
7) Two of my sites (mu-43 and photographerslounge) use PhotopostPro and one (mu-43) uses ReviewPost. Can those be preserved in the switch?
8) Each of my sites has a subforum containing threads that are automatically featured on my site front page.
For example: http://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108
gets automatically featured here: http://www.mu-43.com/
9) My sites have a forum that gets posted to automatically from an Ebay RSS. Example: http://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Can I do this in XF?
10) I use a product which automatically replaces specific words with a designated affiliate link. It takes these from an Excel spreadsheet which I manually populate. Here is the product: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263699&page=4
Is there a similar addon for XF?
11) I use an addon to automatically notify members when their posts/threads have been moved, deleted, or edited. Does XF do this?
12) Just last year I stopped using vBSEO and did all the rewrites necessary to switch over to the vBulletin URLs. Will that present any issues with rewriting now to XF URLs?
13) Is there anyone who specializes in converting vBulletin sites to Xenforo sites and preserving all the types of features mentioned above? I really want to make the switch, but I don't want to do all the work.
Thanks for any/all help/comments!