1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i don't buy license by paypal

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by iCafe, Mar 7, 2013.

1. iCafe

iCafe Member

i don't buy license by paypal help me.

Adam Howard likes this.
  2. James Freeman

James Freeman Member

If you send a support request in via http://xenforo.com/contact

I'm sure they'll be able to assist you and take your payment through other methods.
    Shelley likes this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It's probably best if this persists that you use the contact form at the footer of the forum and speak to the owners and they will arrange something.

edit: Ninja'd :D
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try sending the payment from a mobile phone or ipad style device.

Don't ask why.... but most people can pay doing that...
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

So does this mean a secret official mobile skin is in the works since you need a mobile device to buy xF now? :D
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  6. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

I believe it was confirmed that 1.2 comes with a mobile skin.
  7. iCafe

iCafe Member

now i buy it success.
    Hyperion, dwdmadmac and Shelley like this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

welcome to xenforo. :)
    dwdmadmac likes this.
  9. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

got the same problem

We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).
    Adam Howard likes this.
  10. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

James Freeman and TsinJu like this.
  11. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I would assume that Paypal scans for something during the payment process and if found, it rejects the payment. On mobile phones, this something is not found and the payment therefore processed. Perhaps it's worth a shot to attempt a payment with a new clean browser (is javascript required for payments btw?)
  12. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

The issue I have is that when you change the country to Australia, it requires you to create a PayPal account to purchase. Obviously Aussie are an untrustworthy bunch. Maybe it's because the English sent all their criminals over here? lol

I got contacted by Ashley from Xenforo and was told to use someone else's PayPal account, trouble is then I can't claim it as a company expense. I have the option of bankwire open still, but that's pretty expensive internationally.

Funny, I can't purchase a new vBulletin licence either, because of their AVS mismatch issue that apparently they can do nothing about. Looks like I just have to bite the bullet and look at IPB or similar.
  13. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

What kind of strange PayPal account do you have that you cannot use it for XF and VB from Oz?
  14. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

I do not use paypal.
  15. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I'm from Sydney, and I've successfully managed to purchase XenForo and the Resource Manager without a paypal account.

I just use the 'Don't have a paypal account and use a credit card. :)
  16. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

Well, as I explained to Ashley and sent screen shots of, when I change the country to Australia, it says I must sign up to PayPal to continue. I don't get that if I change the country back to United Kingdom, it says sign up (optional).
  17. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Try it from another computer:

Attached Files:

Stallyon likes this.
  18. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

Not only did I try it from another computer, I used a different network (usually use Telstra, but changed to Vodafone) - worked perfectly. Now have a licence after 3 years of waiting.
    oman and whynot like this.
  19. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Congrats! :)
  20. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Good old Telstra...Meh...
    Congrats, enjoy your new software!