Need to ask question before I buy license!

adrian4ever

Hi everyone, I have a small community of soccer at MYBB and I would like to know if there is a way to transfer my complete forum from mybb to xenforo and if there is a way, what are steps that I would need to follow?

by the way, my first language is Spanish and sorry if I made any mistakes writing in English..

Hi everyone, I have a small community of soccer at MYBB and I would like to know if there is a way to transfer my complete forum from mybb to xenforo and if there is a way, what are steps that I would need to follow?

by the way, my first language is Spanish and sorry if I made any mistakes writing in English..
The current version (1.2.1) has a myBB importer built in if I'm not mistaken. Basically you would create an empty DB, install xenForo and then run the import from your old myBB setup. The DB's need to be on the same server.

The current version (1.2.1) has a myBB importer built in if I'm not mistaken. Basically you would create an empty DB, install xenForo and then run the import from your old myBB setup. The DB's need to be on the same server.

Ok, my forum is version 1.6.10 and checking the importer that you mention, it says that it's only for MyBB 1.6 and it says in beta testing, so, can I still do it ?

Oh ok, but to be honest, I've never done this before, how difficult would it be to do that importer ? I realy I don't want to mess this up and lose my data from my old forum.

The import process is simple. Install XenForo. Login to the Admin CP and run the import. It is all inside of the Admin CP.

You don't need to worry about your source data. The import is read-only from source.

The import process is simple. Install XenForo. Login to the Admin CP and run the import. It is all inside of the Admin CP.

You don't need to worry about your source data. The import is read-only from source.

Ok, so I install Xenforo in my server and after I go to Admin CP and I will do what you wrote. I have another question, will this importer transfer all my passwords, avatars, images and attahments??

Top Bottom