Hummingbird

Dean

in memoriam
About 10 years ago I moved into a house, and in the back yard there were hummingbirds, and they have been around all this time. Attracted to a large bush for some reason. Until then I'd never seen them land.

I like them a lot and thought I'd share. Lightning fast, quiet, quite pleasant, and they have a nice voice... In a way it reminds me of xf. :)

DSC_1028 (Large).webp

DSC_1031 (Large).webp

DSC_1022 (Large).webp

Yes, I was testing a lens that disappointed me yesterday (locked up the camera with an 'error' on the display).

Seems to work today though.

edit: here is the little guy cropped:

DSC_1028cropped.webp

Amazing shots dean. All we get in the uk are ugly sparrows, starlings and on those special occasions we are greeted by the appearance of a robin. Nice shots.

I love hummingbirds. There is a certain shrub (bush) that attracts both hummingbirds and butterflies. I can't remember the name if it, but is most likely what you have there Dean.
Those are fantastic shots.

Here in Ohio we see mostly hummingbirds, red-breasted robins, sparrows, starlings, and crows, although there are other species as well.

I love hummingbirds. There is a certain shrub (bush) that attracts both hummingbirds and butterflies. I can't remember the name if it, but is most likely what you have there Dean.
Those are fantastic shots.

Those purple coin / pointy shaped ones? the Buddleja buzz or something??

Nice pics Dean :D Gorgeous little birdy!

That bush is a Callistemon or Bottlebrush.. Aussie native plant :)

http://www.anbg.gov.au/callistemon/index.html

We have a very diverse and active bird life around here, but we don't have humming birds, they are amazing when they are feeding!
Definitely a bottle brush bush. I believe a lemon bottle brush. This area is covered with them and they grow huge. Perhaps I'll take a couple of more pics when it isn't raining and show more of the bush/humming bird.

But I've not seen humming birds anywhere else around here, not to land and relax.

I am getting the impression that the Australian wild life is a bit more dangerous than the hummingbird... :D

Top Bottom