Hummingbird

Please excuse the rather hastily-thrown-together montage of a bunch of my photos, but this is what is in the skies above my house.

Kites.jpg

Definitely a bottle brush bush. I believe a lemon bottle brush. This area is covered with them and they grow huge. Perhaps I'll take a couple of more pics when it isn't raining and show more of the bush/humming bird.

But I've not seen humming birds anywhere else around here, not to land and relax.

I am getting the impression that the Australian wild life is a bit more dangerous than the hummingbird... :D

LOL the Australian Wild Life can be more dangerous, but fortunately around here we get more birds than anything dangerous ;)

Here is a very ordinary photo (through the window with a Sony digital video camera lol) of an Eastern Rosella, quite common round here, we get a lot of very colourful parrots.

rosella.webp

Nice parrot :)

Unfortunately the humming birds are not cooperating today, either inside the bush or on the other side, and now the sun is low. I had hoped for some sunny pictures of them.

Top Bottom