1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to upload images with apple ipad?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by snoopy5, Aug 11, 2012.

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

I tried in the testforum to post a thread with images with my Ipad. But after clicking on upload, I can not do anything on the pop-up screen to select the images.

How can I do this?
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can't.

All versions of iOS are unable to upload files from the Safari browser. That is not XenForo exclusive - Safari does not allow you to upload files from any website.

This changes in iOS 6 where I believe Apple have updated Safari to support this.

EDIT: In the interim, Tapatalk allows you to upload files from its app, but that's an add-on you would need to install on your forum and an app your users would need to purchase.
  3. snoopy5

that is bad... but typical for the arrogance of Apple

How is it with Android tablets? Does this work with them?
  4. Chris D

Well, as I said, it's fixed in iOS 6 according to people I know who have used the beta.

Yeah, I believe it works on Android.
  5. oman

oman Well-Known Member

6. snoopy5

will all older ipads get the new os6 for free?
  7. Chris D

I'm reading iPad 2 and iPad 3 only.

Sounds like they're leaving the original iPad behind.
  8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

You're right. I always was curious as to why they removed the original behind.

Anyway, apple always has a reason. :p
  9. snoopy5

Does anybody know,when the new ios6 will be available for the normal human beeings?
  10. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/ - Coming this fall
  11. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Considering the most recent rumoured release date for the next iPhone is September 12, I'd say they will release it just before that date or on the day. That rumoured date could change.