XF 2.2 How to migrate smilies to emojis?

Mouth

I have a number of smilies which are duplicates, or close enough, to emojis (JoyPixels being utilised).

If I want to remove these smilies and have existing content instead use the emojis. I see a solution @ https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1505585/ using the Word Censor, but don't want to have these within the word censor for all time.

For a permanent solution, can use use DB search for the smilie short code, and replace it with the emoji code? If so, has anyone done this an has an example SQL statement they used?

Solution
For a permanent solution, can use use DB search for the smilie short code, and replace it with the emoji code? If so, has anyone done this an has an example SQL statement they used?
We don't attempt to render the emoji shortcode at render time. The emoji shortcodes are parsed during save time and converted to the actual unicode character in the database.

In other words:

Code:
:slight_smile:

Is converted to and stored as:

Code:
🙂

So your MySQL replacement - if that's the route you go down - would actually need to be changing the smilie text, e.g. :) to 🙂.
We don't attempt to render the emoji shortcode at render time. The emoji shortcodes are parsed during save time and converted to the actual unicode character in the database.

In other words:

Code:
:slight_smile:

Is converted to and stored as:

Code:
🙂

So your MySQL replacement - if that's the route you go down - would actually need to be changing the smilie text, e.g. :) to 🙂.

Solution
Where do I get a listing of the Unicodes for each of the emojis, to be able to use in an mysql search and replace function?

To be clear I mean you literally type the emoji character into your mysql query e.g 🙂

If you don’t have an emoji keyboard you can copy and paste them from many websites.

Top Bottom