How do you invest your money?

Andy.N

Curious if you guys put your money to work to get a return that beats the inflation rate or you just leave it all in the bank earning 0.01% APY ;)

I own a forum and therefore have no money. Or free time. Or a life. :LOL:

lol that's me haha. however, when i had specific content on my forum for my niche, the memberships were booming and probably made about 250.00 in first two weeks, and 1,xxx something at end of month. Was going okay for few months, then got hit with mr nasty murphy's law and it all went to shyt sigh. can't win for losing these days lol.

I own a forum and therefore have no money. Or free time. Or a life. :LOL:
Suck to be in that situation, if you are serious ;)
I guess the question applies to everyone, not just people who run forum as a ft job or side project. If you have no liquid equity, the question is moot.

Suck to be in that situation, if you are serious ;)
I guess the question applies to everyone, not just people who run forum as a ft job or side project. If you have no liquid equity, the question is moot.
Well liquid equity is simply money in the till that hasn't been spent or allocated yet...that being the case that would also apply to anyone. Anyone who buys anything for leisure or entertainment is investing liquid assets into something to enrich their time on earth technically speaking.

So even this....
Married with no kids......I just buy lots of stuff I don't really need
is an example of investment under his own description.

I personally invest in the future...however any explanation beyond this vagueness will null any potential value of my investments so the portfolio is off the table I am afraid ;) .

Stocks, bonds, tech, real estate.....
(someday you too will be old - and hopefully better off)....

I have averaged about 10% per year since 2003.

Heck, I'm so old I'll be able to start taking money OUT of my IRA (retirement plan) soon.
;)

More specific for those who want a bit better of a return - a mutual fund or ETF (JNK) which owns hundreds or thousands of corporate high yield (so-called Junk Bonds) is something I like. They tend to return 5 to 7% and the chances of default is slight when looked at over the hundreds of bonds they hold.

Certain oil and gas MLP's or a mutual fund of same - these usually yield 6-8%. They are basically staid businesses that own things like oil and gas pipelines and charge "rent" for transporting the stuff.

Diversify - don't put all eggs in the same basket!

Married with 2 kids. I don't have money to invest.
I'm mid thirties with no kids, if I could turn back the clock I'd invest in some children because I want someone to paint my house for free this time

"here's a brush, make daddy proud* grabs a beer and puts on football

I'm mid thirties with no kids, if I could turn back the clock I'd invest in some children because I want someone to paint my house for free this time

"here's a brush, make daddy proud* grabs a beer and puts on football

Right.

Teenaged son: "Dude! I'm playing video games! Here, let me take 2 days to paint a 1 foot x 1 foot square while *****ing the entire time."

Teenaged daughter: "But daddy! I'm hanging out with my friends at the mall all day! Can I have some money?"

Nope, not in the UK. You don't pay for a standard bank account here.
In the US, you have free checking accounts as well but those are becoming harder and harder to get as banks trying to eliminate it. You need at least a minimum balance to not pay fee.
The point is your money sitting on the banking earning nothing or less than inflation rate mean that your money is losing value as time passes.
The rich will invest money elsewhere. The poor will have no money to invest. The middle class will have little money and few opportunities to invest.

If you only have 10-20K, you can't put them all into a long term investment. There are emergency money, etc.

Tough, tough ;)

Top Bottom