1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hover pop-ups annoying

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by audiokid, Oct 25, 2013.

1. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm preparing to migrate vb4 to a new forum software. XenForo is looking like a winner but the popups are a deal breaker for me. I truly hate them. Hovering over the titles and having that pop-up is driving me bonkers.

Can we deactivate that? Or can we lengthen the duration to be longer before it pops up?

However, I am interested in the "keyword replace" add-on so I don't necessarily want to remove pop-ups on the whole forum.

regards,

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips

adwade likes this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that only disables the tooltip for forum view titles.

As audiokid pointed out, the thread title tooltips are a bit much when you first start using XenForo, but I think once you use them for a few days you will quickly see how nice they are. Easy to read and very helpful.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I don't see why that's a problem, then. It's how it works on vBulletin, too.

Carlos likes this.
  5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

On vBulletin 4 it was 10 times worse. The tooltip popped up on the cell instead of the title text. There was no place to put your cursor without a tooltip popping up.

6. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Thanks guys. I'm understanding what tooltip means now. The pop-up that I don't like is called a tooltip yes? A pop-up is a tooltip?
    Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips

So I can disable that just there?

I should test drive this software so I understand things better before I post, but that turned me off so fast , I needed to ask before I wasted more time on this software.

Node(s) are similar as in Drupal?

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Yes. Uncheck the box and you're good to go. It will be showing a standard "description" under the links, just like any vBulletin-powered site.

I believe that's what @Amaury was trying to say...
    So, get back in there and tinker with it.
    Keep asking - we'll help you along the way. :)
    I'm not familiar with how Drupal treats "nodes." But I'm guessing no.

Nodes on xenForo are another word for... "forums."

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nodes are nothing more than an end point on the software and have node types and specific properties associated with them. The default node types are:
    • Forum
    • Category
    • Link
    • Page
    More can be added via addons.

9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Adding the following to your EXTRA.css template will remove all tooltips in all locations:
    Code:
    .xenTooltip {
    display: none !important;
    }

creativeforge likes this.
  10. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Thank you everyone, and might I say, what an excellent welcoming here!

Cheers

Jon W likes this.
  11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

You're going to love Xenforo. The code that makes XenForo work is has no equal.

12. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! :)

13. ScratchMang

ScratchMang Member

Does not seem to work for me :(

As nice as they are I'm in the "Dislike Popup's" camp. Don't suppose anyone else has any thoughts on how to get rid of them once and for all?

Dave

14. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

Guess you could create some hackish code to deactivate the JavaScript responsible for them if you really wanted. That way you could also show them as normal text in certain places.

15. ScratchMang

ScratchMang Member

Possibly, but IMHO they are more of an annoyance than anything. It is what it is it would seem. :(