XF 1.4 Pop-ups triggered

NYCFC

I’ve had some members complain of pop ups and redirects in their devices when browsing on mobile via chrome. No one on iPhone has complained.
I pretty much run the site with my iPhone and don’t have access to a pc so I haven’t been able to see anything that may be causing this.
Only thing I’ve noticed is at times when I try to login via admin panel I’ll see ‘website not secure’ on the address bar.
Could we possibly have become compromised?
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/pop-ups-and-redirects.6129/#post-240929

When I navigate anywhere but the main page, at least half the time on mobile it'll redirect me to some flashing page that's usually about a Walmart gift card or how my phone has a virus or whatever, typical spam stuff. The pages always play sound of someone talking, too, it's pretty obnoxious.

Last edited:
It's almost certainly going to be malicious advertising so in the first instance I'd recommend reporting the problem to your ad provider. I imagine they have processes in place which log ads served, and are better equipped to deem whether any malicious ads are being served.

Top Bottom