hover pop-ups annoying

audiokid

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm preparing to migrate vb4 to a new forum software. XenForo is looking like a winner but the popups are a deal breaker for me. I truly hate them. Hovering over the titles and having that pop-up is driving me bonkers.

Can we deactivate that? Or can we lengthen the duration to be longer before it pops up?

However, I am interested in the "keyword replace" add-on so I don't necessarily want to remove pop-ups on the whole forum.

regards,

Last edited:
Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips

Unfortunately that only disables the tooltip for forum view titles.

As audiokid pointed out, the thread title tooltips are a bit much when you first start using XenForo, but I think once you use them for a few days you will quickly see how nice they are. Easy to read and very helpful.

Unfortunately that only disables the tooltip for forum view titles.

As audiokid pointed out, the thread title tooltips are a bit much when you first start using XenForo, but I think once you use them for a few days you will quickly see how nice they are. Easy to read and very helpful.

I don't see why that's a problem, then. It's how it works on vBulletin, too.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'm understanding what tooltip means now. The pop-up that I don't like is called a tooltip yes? A pop-up is a tooltip?
Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties > Forum / Node List > Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips

So I can disable that just there?

I should test drive this software so I understand things better before I post, but that turned me off so fast , I needed to ask before I wasted more time on this software.

Node(s) are similar as in Drupal?

Thanks guys. I'm understanding what tooltip means now. The pop-up that I don't like is called a tooltip yes? A pop-up is a tooltip?
Yes.
So I can disable that just there?
Yes. Uncheck the box and you're good to go. It will be showing a standard "description" under the links, just like any vBulletin-powered site.

I believe that's what @Amaury was trying to say...
I don't see why that's a problem, then. It's how it works on vBulletin, too.
So, get back in there and tinker with it.
I should test drive this software so I understand things better before I post, but that turned me off so fast , I needed to ask before I wasted more time on this software.
Keep asking - we'll help you along the way. :)
Node(s) are similar as in Drupal?
I'm not familiar with how Drupal treats "nodes." But I'm guessing no.

Nodes on xenForo are another word for... "forums."

Nodes are nothing more than an end point on the software and have node types and specific properties associated with them. The default node types are:
  • Forum
  • Category
  • Link
  • Page
More can be added via addons.

Guess you could create some hackish code to deactivate the JavaScript responsible for them if you really wanted. That way you could also show them as normal text in certain places.

Top Bottom