Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be legal, allowed for them to put a PayPal donate button here for the sole purpose of people wanting to help fund the court-case. I've no idea if would be OK or not, the legal ranglings of doing something like that? But if yes, it might be worth thinking about doing it here on XenForo itself.

Would it be legal, allowed for them to put a PayPal donate button here for the sole purpose of people wanting to help fund the court-case. I've no idea if would be OK or not, but if yes it might be worth thinking about doing it on XenForo itself.

See my earlier post about that. Donations to businesses under UK law require criteria which Xenforo cannot meet.

I guess ya'll should make a 'Support Xenforo by buying another Renewal' type of campaign and explain what its about on the page and why donations can't be accepted and how it has to be done that way.

I guess ya'll should make a 'Support Xenforo by buying another Renewal' type of campaign and explain what its about on the page and why donations can't be accepted and how it has to be done that way.

I tried to update my license that ends in December 2012, but I get an error:avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Already own 3 licenses and the search enhancement... but would be more than willing to donate to the defense fund as soon as someone figures out a way.

Even if it's not to Xenforo but directly to the staff members for food, rent, etc.

Or make a quickie add-on and charge $250 for it.

Three licences here already too, planning on scooping up the search enhancement this week. I could probably be talked into picking up licence No.4 fairly easily too heh heh heh

Im praying that xf case is over and positive,
if you guys can help, i can accept donations...
that will help me pray more and more :D hahaha

Got a few spare funds this week, going to head over and renew my last unused license to show support.

I'll make use of it somehow!

Thanks for posting Kier. It is a huge joy to see you around again and posting, even if it is just one post to say hello, but it seems you're confident of being around more which is great. I have no idea what your personal issues are - it was a brave post to mention that - but wish you all the best. I'm sure some of us (myself included) haven't helped with our whinging but please do take that as a sign we're passionate about the product and what huge benefits it has brought to our communities - and we don't want to lose that, or think it is slipping through our fingers. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Yeah, to be really effective, this has to be organized.....

Money to renewals and all that stuff is biz income - but Slav and others may let us know about UK small donations to a person....like for food and rent???? That may be 100% legal if in small amounts.....

Yeah, to be really effective, this has to be organized.....

Money to renewals and all that stuff is biz income - but Slav and others may let us know about UK small donations to a person....like for food and rent???? That may be 100% legal if in small amounts.....
This was attempted before back when Peggy was on staff, and it was shelved because of previously mentioned issues.

Kier has also said in the past that if you wish to support XF, buying a new license or renewing is the best way to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom