Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Kier, glad to hear you are well rested. I never knew that IGN moved over to an XF install, and for that I am really proud of the whole team at xenForo and we all know that your hard work is all paying off, just a shame about this stupid lawsuit! I said in another thread earlier today I would not be renewing my license until the next update was launched, this has now changed and I will be updating as soon as I can and plan to also own license number 2 (even though I don't have a use for it, I can think of someone who could use it).

Long may xenForo live, and long may we see great updates and great social software being created!

Many people want to donate smaller amounts...why not buy the Enhanced Search, as that is a smaller amount. :)

I'm glad to see you back, Kier. I guess the only thing I'm hoping for is an update with bug fixes soon (especially the bugs that impact us big boards). We are doing ok without the fixes...it's just a PITA to manually fix some of the stuff.

Glad to have you back Kier. Good luck and strength with the difficulties that have kept you away from the forums for some time. Hope things will be better.

Now I need to increase my daily visits from 10x to 20x. I really want to stare away that last post in the announcements forum :)

Latest: Resource Manager Update:...Mike, Feb 22, 2012

(y)

Yeah, to be really effective, this has to be organized.....

Money to renewals and all that stuff is biz income - but Slav and others may let us know about UK small donations to a person....like for food and rent???? That may be 100% legal if in small amounts.....

I've made and deleted and re-made this post below 3 times as of this itteration. What I want to say and what I can say are two different things, and I hope you can read between the lines because I can't say what I would like to for various reasons.

Put simply, the paperwork involved for HMRC for any donations we would like to give is not worth it. Ashley I imagine has all the paperwork and relevent accounts set up for XenForo so everything stays above board and easily accountable. Xenforo the company cannot accept donations due to its legal status. Donations for KAM individually create paperwork nightmares, which, I imagine they would rather not have to deal with.

Trust me, I feel the sentimentality and wanting to help these guys out. But i'm being truthful in saying the best way to support them is to buy products from the XenForo website, be it license renewals, addons, extra copies of XenForo or whatever. It keeps everything above board and accountable. And trust me, if the HMRC ask to see your books you better hope it adds up to the penny because the levvys and fines they can impose can make your eyes bleed. When we start adding in personal donations and the like, it creates an extra mess for things to go wrong, which is not something they would want, especially at the moment.

In addition, I don't fully know the standpoint as the legal case is across boarders, nor do I know the payment arrangements, but any money donated individually wouldn't be subject to any tax rebates. In the UK you are able to claim back various business expenses against any tax you pay. If the money being sent is via XenForo it may be that because this money is being used in the legal case that it allows them to claim various aspects of this back helping them further. For example in my main line of work I charge my customers VAT, that adds a extra 20% onto the bills, however on average I am able to claim back all of this money due to other expenses, which in effect, puts an extra 20% into my pocket.

We are not privvy to the Xenforo finances, nor should we be, but I would hope KAM are able to draw enough out the company each month to stay above the bread line before the remainder gets sucked into the litigation black hole.

However if you would like to help, I understand the frustration of not being able to "donate" but by buying XenForo products you may be helping more than you realise and in a better way than a donation could ever be.

I would suggest Xenforo offer an additional support product to customers who want to make a smaller contribution:

1 month of Xeforo support - $10 (and we can buy as many of these as we want!!! ;) )

That way many of us customers could get the support we need and support the company/team - and yes, I understand we may already have support on our current licenses, but that's sort of the point ... lol

I expect this could be setup in about 5 mins!!! (Come on Ashley - what are you waiting for???!!!) (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I've made and deleted and re-made this post below 3 times as of this itteration. What I want to say and what I can say are two different things, and I hope you can read between the lines because I can't say what I would like to for various reasons.

Put simply, the paperwork involved for HMRC for any donations we would like to give is not worth it. Ashley I imagine has all the paperwork and relevent accounts set up for XenForo so everything stays above board and easily accountable. Xenforo the company cannot accept donations due to its legal status. Donations for KAM individually create paperwork nightmares, which, I imagine they would rather not have to deal with.

Annoying knowing the tax regulations aint it :( . However I agree its an inland revenue pain in the rear end unfortunatly. Purchase stuff peeps its the easiest way.

See my earlier post about that. Donations to businesses under UK law require criteria which Xenforo cannot meet.
What's this pre-occupation with 'donations' - simply add 2 levels of 'premium membership', Silver @ £5pm and Gold @ £20pm. In return you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and perhaps your name in a different colour!

When XF win the law suits and get their legal fees paid, they could simply give everyone who signed up a lifetime license or something.

I think a separate legal and operating company with a few key addon's that work across platform (vb/xen/ipb) would go over well. Something that can't be linked to the current issues so you can generate and protect that future income.

I think a separate legal and operating company with a few key addon's that work across platform (vb/xen/ipb) would go over well. Something that can't be linked to the current issues so you can generate and protect that future income.
No point separating it, IB would simply add it to the case.

Mods should be aware of any such background developments and should respond to these queries immediately. This should have never boiled down to a point, where the Devs/Admins are forced to come back unceremoniously like this. It takes years to build reputation and a blink of an eye to destroy it. No matter how busy we are, one should be able to find a little time to say hi to the community whenever it demands. Wow! i am telling this to a Forum builder. And yeah! Welcome!!! (y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom