Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on folks, some of you would argue with a brick wall! :rolleyes:
Yea, you Brick Walls !!! You are so stiff and inflexible ... loosen up and relax, Ya brickie !

Day 2: The Welcome Back Party continues ......

nanaparty-gif.28194

Someday XF will look at lawsuits like many other successful businesses - that is, sort of like an annoying mosquito but not really of any harm. The important thing is to hang tough and get past the first hurdles.

Despite all the back and forth, most all of the opinions given above have validity. It is certainly OK to worry about why a main member of the development team is AWOL. It is certainly OK to worry about whether XF can get over the hump, especially because Kier confirmed the difficulty in his post.

Business is very personal these days and perception is reality.

XF has the advantage of a strong community and thousands of true believers....hopefully, with financial and emotional support from all of us, XF can get over the hump(s) and kick butt.

It's typically 5+ years for a small business to reach it's stride. Hopefully these are just burps on the way.....

Onwards......

craig; the difference is that even if vbs loses both cases, they sleep the same at night and with their salaries and end-year bonuses paid. If they do win they basically ruin a few families and everybody involved is as good as bankrupt.

There's a bit of a difference. It's an unfair advantage and nothing more than corporate bullying.

craig; the difference is that even if vbs loses both cases, they sleep the same at night and with their salaries and end-year bonuses paid. If they do win they basically ruin a few families and everybody involved is as good as bankrupt.

There's a bit of a difference. It's an unfair advantage and nothing more than corporate bullying.

Agreed..which is what makes the whole justice system seem like such a complete joke. :(

It is someone's opinion.

I really don't get why every time anyone posts a dissenting opinion with regard to XenForo, attempts are made to censor them or shout them down.

I don't happen to agree with the opinion in question, but nonetheless it's a valid opinion.

Because at least in this situation, all the demands for transparency involved something of a personal matter.

The poster that RevTastic quoted is also stating something untrue, as Brogan was aware of the situation (At least in a general way), but as it is of a personal matter was not his place to share it (Nor Mikes, which is why he didn't).

They both stated multiple times that Kier was dealing with personal matters, and that should have been good enough for anyone with a modicum amount of manners.

Kiers posted again, and explained why he has been absent and why he cannot be as active, so can people just drop the whole demand for transparency in his personal life? God knows you wouldn't do so with other companies you buy products from, and all this crap does is devolve into fear mongering and rumors.

Umpteenth time, please would you and others STOP bringing the developers' personal lives into this?

Not once have I or most other people made ANY request for details of their personal lives.

What we required, and have now got, was reassurance from the developers as to what exactly was going on with the COMPANY, the company we support and have invested a great deal financially AND emotionally, into.

Throughout this sorry saga people like myself have had our words twisted to imply we wanted full disclosure on kier's personal life. We don't and never did, so please stop bringing it up.

Exactly, and well said Mark. Some seem to be under this mysterious fact-less illusion that some of us wanted to know if Kier had "bacon on eggs for breakfast", or just "poached eggs on toast"?

Because at least in this situation, all the demands for transparency involved something of a personal matter.

The poster that RevTastic quoted is also stating something untrue, as Brogan was aware of the situation (At least in a general way), but as it is of a personal matter was not his place to share it (Nor Mikes, which is why he didn't).

They both stated multiple times that Kier was dealing with personal matters, and that should have been good enough for anyone with a modicum amount of manners.

Kiers posted again, and explained why he has been absent and why he cannot be as active, so can people just drop the whole demand for transparency in his personal life? God knows you wouldn't do so with other companies you buy products from, and all this crap does is devolve into fear mongering and rumors.

Nobody was asking for transparency of that kind at all.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-needs-a-lawrence-cole.30209/page-12#post-346873

And more succinctly:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-needs-a-lawrence-cole.30209/page-12#post-346892

Not sure why we're creating straw men to belittle another's opinion.

It's more than that.

The lawsuit is absolutely, horrifically unfair, even down to the tactics uses in it.

It is not just morally bankrupt, it is obscene.

But, I expect nothing less from Internet Brands.
You put it in words that can get it past all forum swear filters :) I could never post what I really think about the lawsuit for fear of getting banned. Thanks for wording it without any profanity!

*renews*

Kier,

You are clearly, from your work, a very talented coder and designer, I wish you all the success with your work, regardless of anything personal or legal overshadowing you, you deserve to succeed.

Children, children, children :p... we're all glad that Kier has returned, and that while things are not as golden as we'd like it to, we all can agree that it's so nice to have Kier back where he belongs.

Exactly, and well said Mark. Some seem to be under this mysterious fact-less illusion that some of us wanted to know if Kier had "bacon on eggs for breakfast", or just "poached eggs on toast"?

Sorry I really feel the overwhelming urge now.

Kier, you like bacon on eggs, or poached eggs on toast?

Well the conversation gets silly elsewhere, so may as well ask LMAO

PS: Its just gotta be the Bacon and eggs .... I mean it has Bacon involved!

Presumably there has been at least *some* impact on XF development, and really, I'm not bothered if there has been as my family come first too, but is there anything you can tell us about the development schedule Kier? Any little "shares" we can have to whet our pallets? Even teeny weeny little ones (crosses fingers)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. As expressed previously I like to focus on positives and I'm dying to know what's coming???!!!! :D

A very warm welcome back!

I am sure, there will only one champion in the end!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Care to post those replies as I for one never saw anyone state that and had such a post been made, I for one wouldn't have been looking for a response from either Kier or someone else at XF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom