Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been almost 36 hours since Kier's last post.
I can hear the Worry Machine starting already.

Any guesses to what Kier's Return: Post #2 will be about ?
Have you seen ?
Bare Feet ?
Kier eats raw eggs ?

It's been almost 36 hours since Kier's last post.
I can hear the Worry Machine starting already.

Any guesses to what Kier's Return: Post #2 will be about ?
Have you seen ?
Bare Feet ?
Kier eats raw eggs ?

The bacon ... its gotta be about the bacon!!

Seriously though ... I am gettin seriously worried here. I mean what if he doesnt like bacon, that would just be wrong! Everyone likes bacon :eek:

Mind u .. bet he likes cookies

Sorry to hear about all the lawsuits. That really makes me mad as a developer also. I hate to see people not getting paid but in the long run I know you all will overcome all. Did you ever think about having a donation drive for lawsuits ? I know i would pay some money. Also if you fixed someone else mods I would donate even more to the cause. Just thinking out loud.

Bacon for sure.
Maybe ... wait for it ... wait for it ...

Bacon AND raw eggs.

No.

Just Bacon.

I went to Mexico for a week and my son's fondest memory is the "Unlimited Bacon" at the Buffet.
When he wakes up on Saturday mornings, I'm never sure if he is going to say the word Bacon first or Wii first .... it's usually a 50 / 50 chance.
I told him I tried Bacon Ice Cream at a restaurant once, and the smile on his face was priceless.

Did you ever think about having a donation drive for lawsuits ? I know i would pay some money.

There was a group of us trying to organise a donation drive when this all hit, however some in the community took exception to it and legal and logistical requirements to keep it all above board made it very difficult.

Best thing you can do if you want to make a contribution is to purchase additional licenses, or renew if you have licenses that have lapsed.

Umpteenth time, please would you and others STOP bringing the developers' personal lives into this?

Not once have I or most other people made ANY request for details of their personal lives.

What we required, and have now got, was reassurance from the developers as to what exactly was going on with the COMPANY, the company we support and have invested a great deal financially AND emotionally, into.

Throughout this sorry saga people like myself have had our words twisted to imply we wanted full disclosure on kier's personal life. We don't and never did, so please stop bringing it up.
Nobody was asking for transparency of that kind at all.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-needs-a-lawrence-cole.30209/page-12#post-346873

And more succinctly:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-needs-a-lawrence-cole.30209/page-12#post-346892

Not sure why we're creating straw men to belittle another's opinion.

People were asking for the reasons, even once they were stated to be personal, though not in this thread. It may not have been you two, but people did ask.

Obviously my post was meant in a general way, but feel free to take it personally if you wish. I couldn't give a damn either way.

I'm done arguing here, as it wasn't what the post was for (y).

As soon as I get some spare cash I will be renewing my license and purchasing a second, not for my use but I will be giving it to a friend to use as he is looking for a better solution than phpBB. I will also be sending some Southern Comfort to the XF company address FAO Kier, no doubt it will go down a treat!

That's not quite the same as forsaken suggested. Mike was simply saying that it was up to Kier. Forsaken was suggesting that posts had been made along the lines of "Kier's taking some time out to sort out some personal issues and will be back as soon as he can" - or words to that effect.

i.e. a statement from XF, Mike's comment wasn't that.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with arguments over semantics, so I'll leave it at that.

I come back a day later and you girls are still at it.

Thanks for ruining a happy thread that Kier's back by bickering amongst yourselves again. Regardless if it's your "valid opinion".

[unwatch & awaiting Kier's future "I am really back now" thread at the end of the Summer]

Sure, go complain that this post is therefor also off topic, that's like saying to your mom she's also arguing when her two kids are fighting over the tv channel and she points out to them how they're ruining christmas dinner.

Welcome back and thanks for the public update.

It's reassuring to know that yourself and the rest of the team are well, and I look forward to showing my support for XF by purchasing additional licences in the next couple of months for new projects.

I truly wish you all the best for the various battles you're currently facing.

Always remember there's a load of us here rooting for you and the entire XF team as a whole :)

There was a group of us trying to organise a donation drive when this all hit, however some in the community took exception to it and legal and logistical requirements to keep it all above board made it very difficult.

Best thing you can do if you want to make a contribution is to purchase additional licenses, or renew if you have licenses that have lapsed.

And buy enhanced search if you have a larger forum.

...talk about corporate bullying... we all know what happens to bullies at the end...
Meanwhile, let us continue fighting the good fight (we are all in this together) and keep up the amazing work! You are setting an example for your son... something you should be very proud.

I'm not going to greet you with a 'Welcome back'. I never felt you went anywhere... i’m just going to say 'Glad you are here, Kier'.

All the best!

Hello everyone, it's been a while.

I'm aware that many of you have been concerned that I've not really showed my face around these parts recently. I can only apologise for my absence and ask you to understand that I've been working through some very difficult personal issues that have been a source of uncertainty and anxiety for me for some time now. I've been conflicted as to whether or not to post, as I haven't wanted to announce my return until such time as I've felt confident that I'm back to stay, and that I can devote the necessary time and effort to focus on our great product and wonderful community. Here I am.

By any measure, XenForo has been and continues to be a phenomenal success. The software has turned out better than I could ever have imagined, and the response to it from the community at large has been incredible, both in terms of sales and feedback. Seeing enormous sites like IGN moving their forums over to our software is hugely rewarding. It's a great pity that Mike, Ashley and I have been unable to really celebrate that success due to the dark shadow of the ongoing lawsuits hanging over us and the grotesque cost of mounting a defence against them, which has meant that virtually every penny that XenForo has made has been consumed by legal fees rather than paying us a salary or allowing us to hire more staff to develop our products faster. Nonetheless, I continue to have faith that the claims against us will be shown for what they are, and that in time we will emerge even stronger than before, and will continue to build world-beating software that people will want to use.

I'd like to thank the many people who've sent me personal messages of support recently. It's heart-warming to see that so many of you care enough to get in touch, even when I'm not around. Thank you, all.

Now, let's get on with doing what we do best.
You left again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom