Having just read the announcement forum

We have analyzed the announcements.
Sorry, none of the functions bring added value to our forums.:(
Keywords are Galery, CMS, Portal and Mobilestyle.
There's always someone isn't there ;)

Seriously though, everyone probably requires different things for their forum, K&M have gone for what is probably the most common items for 1.1 and as such some people like yourself don't see anything you need, but plenty of others (myself included) have just ticked a lot of requirements off their 'switch-from-vb' list.

There's always someone isn't there ;)

Seriously though, everyone probably requires different things for their forum, K&M have gone for what is probably the most common items for 1.1 and as such some people like yourself don't see anything you need, but plenty of others (myself included) have just ticked a lot of requirements off their 'switch-from-vb' list.
And the announcement does say that it is not an exhaustive list, and will be expanded over time, with some possible surprise features. ;)

Sorry, none of the functions bring added value to OUR forums.:(
...and xF isn't for everyone yet. We still haven't converted but like most non-convertors, are watching avidly with interest.

You guys bring out a multitude of features in a few months, which would take a certain other company, years.

Very impressive work.

What are some of the biggest use of Prefix?
I didn't use it under VB and I don't think I miss it. Is this something only a small fraction of forums use?
I'll give you some of my examples.

On vB, there was no report centre and as a result all post reports were just reported to a thread. I utilised clickable thread prefixes named Unresolved and Resolved. The Unresolved prefix was automatically added to any new reported post via the use of a custom plug-in, and a moderator would view the report, change the prefix to Resolved and then deal with the report. This helped my moderators moderate efficiently and also, due to the prefixes being clickable, /Moderators I could filter the forum between resolved and unresolved prefixes to see how many unresolved ones there were.

I also had a coding/programming forum which utilised (also clickable) prefixes such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, etc. This allowed users to categorise their threads and saved me making hundreds of sub-forums.

Endless uses for them ;)

But generally with prefixes (with vb i intend) you are able to insert multiple prefixes for a topic? On Xenforo you can do this?

If Kier & Mike were planning on releasing a Gallery or CMS in 1.1, I'd be hugely surprised... and I'd probably sit and wonder if that was the right decision...

But generally with prefixes (with vb i intend) you are able to insert multiple prefixes for a topic? On Xenforo you can do this?
You couldn't add multiple prefixes to a thread, no. It was a drop-down list which allowed you to choose one.

I hope XenForo utilises something like Google's label system, whereby you can assign multiple labels to a thread.

You couldn't add multiple prefixes to a thread, no. It was a drop-down list which allowed you to choose one.

I hope XenForo utilises something like Google's label system, whereby you can assign multiple labels to a thread.

Yes, because have only 1 prefix is a little limited...

Totally agree...i see the prefixes for a great use on reviews and support.

How many years we have waited to have this on VB and IPB? (For YEARS VB/IPB customers have used splash portals like our Xenporta).

XenPorta is an excellent substitution for an "official" cms/portal. I'm really liking it.

Congratulations to Kier and Mike for this upcoming milestone. I am sure all of this has involved tremendous amount of hard work. But it's a product of passion, and it shows. That's what makes success.

Congrats again... :)

Looking forward to thread prefixes. With that one addition alone I think I can relaunch one of my sites. :)
I think that's going to be a popular one.
Custom profiles will be important. I feel it was an oversight not to have custom profiles in v1.0.
I am impressed at the list as it seems like it addresses a great deal of people's requests.

Top Bottom