Having just read the announcement forum

What would Resource Manager be useful for forums that don't offer software downloads? Can anyone think of alternative use?

Just read the announcement and I can't wait for 1.1 - its looking very good.

Just a quick Q, when you say release in the summer, do you mean final 1.1 or beta 1.1 ? I appreciate both could be in the summer, but it either means 1.1 beta 1 is a month or so away or final 1.1 is a few months away!

Eitherway, I can't wait to see it in action.

Just read the announcement and I can't wait for 1.1 - its looking very good.

Just a quick Q, when you say release in the summer, do you mean final 1.1 or beta 1.1 ? I appreciate both could be in the summer, but it either means 1.1 beta 1 is a month or so away or final 1.1 is a few months away!

Eitherway, I can't wait to see it in action.

I would hazard a guess at 1.1 being final and available to purchase.

We'd be targeting the beta for the summer, though the beta process shouldn't be all that long (if you use the 1.0 beta process for comparison).

Still no official word on native mobile support.:( Any chance that's one of the features not mentioned in release notes for 1.1?

Every announcement the team makes without something mentioned about a timezone goes over UK-Time ;)

21th June is Summer :D

Argh, you mentioned the treehuggers. Luckily I have a work colleague that passes StoneHenge I always ask him the following "How many grenades did you manage to throw", he responds "Not many I was doing a ton past it". Sigh

Still no official word on native mobile support.:( Any chance that's one of the features not mentioned in release notes for 1.1?
Well the announcement did say some things were left out for a later release to get 1.1 out faster... I would guess that might have been one of them.

I'd love to see this feature, but it's not must have. I'm already extremely happy with the feature set so far. Plus they said they will expand the list over time. You'll never know what else they throw in!

Can you clarify what you have let slide that you previously *envisiged* releasing in 1.1?

I'd love to see this feature, but it's not must have. I'm already extremely happy with the feature set so far. Plus they said they will expand the list over time. You'll never know what else they throw in!
To be honest, the team always seem to surprise us.

XenForo 1.1 (coming this summer) link to original (this is a repost of the announcement)

Repost:This will be the first release of major new features since XenForo 1.0. There are lots of things going in, some of which we have hinted at in posts around the forum. There are also a few things that we had originally slated for 1.1 that will now be pushed back to a later release in favour of getting 1.1 out sooner with an array of completed features.

Here are a few features that will be in XenForo 1.1:
  • Right-to-left layout mode for Arabic (etc.) language support
  • Thread prefixes, definable at a per-forum and a per-user group basis
  • Warnings for trouble-making users
  • Ability for members to ignore other members
  • Custom user profile fields
  • Daily statistics
  • Admin CP search
  • Improved admin and moderator logging
  • Additional thread viewing permissions
  • Criteria-based user group promotions
  • A notice system to display messages to your users in certain circumstances
This is not an exhaustive list. We will expand the feature list over time, but some improvements may be a surprise with the release itself.

We will be detailing many of the features of XenForo 1.1 over time via the Have You Seen...? forum.

XenForo 1.1 will be released this Summer.

Top Bottom