Having just read the announcement forum

And another release with bug fixes, even though I dont seem to be able to find any bugs LMAO ...... Sounds like a complaint doesnt it, but thats exactly why I moved here. I dont want half cut software before the next feature release, and this IMO is where xenforo will win hands down releasing things in this way.

Thread prefixes and custom user profile fields are two HUGE ones for a lot of folks. This is great! :D
What are some of the biggest use of Prefix?
I didn't use it under VB and I don't think I miss it. Is this something only a small fraction of forums use?

What are some of the biggest use of Prefix?
I didn't use it under VB and I don't think I miss it. Is this something only a small fraction of forums use?
One example is if you run a computer hardware forum, you could have a forum called 'Graphic Cards' and then break it down by vendor (ATI, Nvidia etc).

Really its a form of classifying posts more than they already are in their specific forums.

So instead of making subforums for ATI, NVDIA under Graphic Cards, now you have [ATI], [NVDIA] prefixes?
How is it better in term of user usability?

So instead of making subforums for ATI, NVDIA under Graphic Cards, now you have [ATI], [NVDIA] prefixes?
How is it better in term of user usability?
For me its just a matter of preference.

I rather have prefixes than a bunch of subforums, especially when the # of posts per forum is likely to be low.

Also, I've found new members have more problems when presented with a ton of forums, whereas prefixes tend to be pretty straightforward for them to figure out.

For me its just a matter of preference.

I rather have prefixes than a bunch of subforums, especially when the # of posts per forum is likely to be low.

Also, I've found new members have more problems when presented with a ton of forums, whereas prefixes tend to be pretty straightforward for them to figure out.
I see. In some cases, it may be a better solution. However, it's not a subforum equivalence because I can apply view/post permission to subforums while I can't do that for prefix.

Wow... I can't wait for these future improvements... and if these are a sign of things to come, I can't wait to see official XF addons like gallery, downloads, etc, based on that resources addon. WOW.

The search is the only thing I don't like about the software right now, even with only 200k + DB, its slow. Now you have something faster, I will absolutely be installing that once available for purchase.

Impressive work XF... and good on you Deebs for buying another license to show your support.

That is an enormous amount of work that has been accomplished for this next feature release.
I am impressed!

Let's not forget that throughout this, they've been bug fixing as well having to deal with those arrogant, self righteous, self proclaim market leaders from a certain internet company in the form of a stupid, costly, and no-merit lawsuit

We have analyzed the announcements.
Sorry, none of the functions bring added value to OUR forums.:(
Keywords are Galery, CMS, Portal and Mobilestyle.

Top Bottom