[HA] CTA FT Layouts

[HA] CTA FT Layouts 1.2.6

No permission to download
Is it possible to expand the text to show more or remove it
You can expand it to show more characters. But then it will be annoying to fit them all to be neat. As you see also XFMG limited it to just one line.
but if you totally want to hide description, then its easy. I added a style property for that:
2016-06-23_01-05-19.webp
Use this and hide it.

see the red highlighted same amount of text like that

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 22
Honestly speaking, the best way I know to exactly limit it to multiline and then force ellipse, is "-webkit-line-clamp" but this is not cross browser yet (Firefox and IE don't support it, and there isn't a good replace for it yet in css, or at least I don't know)
So, for now I can't add it to add-on as an option (because any one who use it will come here and ask "why it doesn't work in firefox and so as it must?" and I should explain why. And then they will absolutely say "So why you added it to add-on!")
But if you want it to have in your own site, then just take a few minutes and add "-webkit-line-clamp" to related block of css code. (you can google -webkit-line-clamp to learn more about it. Its so easy)

Of course there is another way => setting a fixed height for that container and then hide any more thing inside it. This way again is not a nice way. and again the same as above, I can't add it to core. You can easily get it with a few codes to set a fixed height for that part.
(I did it once in my site and Then Really didn't like it and it was so bad looking => just like the screenshot you gave as an example, where the last line of some of them are cut because of limitation of fixed height. The same is happening in default layout of featured threads in CTA FT add-on. And specially because of these kind of problems I decided to add some more layouts ;))

Okay, latest update still did not fix the issue.
Did you merge the outdated templates?
(this fix version had template change, and you should merge changes in your custom style so that it be fixed in your site. Its a normal behavior of add-ons)

Yes. This add-on changes the portal page of CTA FT add-on.
I'm not sure if I will add support of changing featured threads in forum page, but if once done, then you will be able to use it.
If some how you can get the add-on to work for the people who use CTA on the forum list, ill donate you some money. I just don't use the CTA page Feature as a portal.

If some how you can get the add-on to work for the people who use CTA on the forum list, ill donate you some money. I just don't use the CTA page Feature as a portal.
For now I'm waiting for people to report any problem they see in these two layouts for portal page.
If we reach to a stable level, then I'll work on it again (maybe one more layout. Or adding support of these two layouts for featured threads of forums page.)

For now I'm waiting for people to report any problem they see in these two layouts for portal page.
If we reach to a stable level, then I'll work on it again (maybe one more layout. Or adding support of these two layouts for featured threads of forums page.)
Thank you soooo much for considering this. Thank You! :);)(y)

next slight bug I've noticed is this, can this be fixed?

Attachments

• firefox_2016-06-23_13-25-10.webp
    firefox_2016-06-23_13-25-10.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 17
Thanks to @Brad P and @Gemma for letting me know about this add-on :)

I'm curious as to what size of featured thread icons you guys are defining in the main CTA Featured Icons options area.

What dimensions do you recommend for three or four columns?

I assume the slider option is better used with the list view template too.

Top Bottom