[HA] CTA FT Layouts

[HA] CTA FT Layouts 1.2.6

No permission to download
That's not working. Maybe something in a cached value? I will work on it some more. Thank you.
I can't find anything wrong with add-on about it. Now that you are working on it, if you see that there was something wrong with my add-on, let me know so that I fix it for next update. Thanks

One thing my members are requesting is if you can make the most recently featured thread somewhat bigger than the rest in the grid view. I was thinking that 50% wider and higher for that one would look very cool. Just an idea.

Thanks again for a great addon!

One thing my members are requesting is if you can make the most recently featured thread somewhat bigger than the rest in the grid view. I was thinking that 50% wider and higher for that one would look very cool. Just an idea.

Thanks again for a great addon!
There is two problems with this idea:
  • CTA FT add-on resize the image to the width and height that you set in its options. not with css. it crops the image to that size. so if you then change the grid's size to bigger dimension with css, you will see a bad quality thumbnail.
  • When you have a bigger grid in grid view, watch the video to see what happens to others (although i think it can work good with masonry)
video: http://www.4shared.com/zip/HZvf67Bfba/2017-01-05_11-28-09.html

What do you think?

Would it be possible to have the icon use resized images without affecting aspect ratio? Cropping to squares sometimes doesn't have the most pleasing result.

Does this AddOn works with AMS & UBS from XenAddons?
Well, what do you mean by working with those add-ons? If you mean if this add-on adds layouts to Bob's add-on, then the answer is those add-ons have layouts and don't need an add-on like this (those just don't have masonry yet)

But if you mean if it has conflict with those add-ons, then answer is no. They work find with each other.

Would it be possible to have the icon use resized images without affecting aspect ratio? Cropping to squares sometimes doesn't have the most pleasing result.
This is something that you should ask @Brogan . His add-on is the one that changes the files.

Also don't forget to set the quality from 85 to 100 to get high quality icons.

I found the settings in Brogan's addon to change the aspect ratio. It doesn't preserve the original aspect ratio like I wanted, but it works well enough.

Dadparvar updated [HA] CTA FT Layouts with a new update entry:

More features for GV 2nd

As requested by a customer:
  • An option added to let you make the Grid View Layout's Info Container, centered.
  • A style property added to let you customize username on centered GV 2nd
  • a style property added to let you display the info container of GV 2nd on thumbnail.
  • a style property added to let you display User Title on GV 2nd

Read the rest of this update entry...

so you know how you can put the featured threads in the sidebar, but i was wondering if you could make the featured thread look like this thumbnail in the sidebar.
aha. Got it. It will take a lot of place if they be displayed one below the other. Imagine if you set to display 5 featured threads this way on sidebar. more than 1200px height!

I feel a slider can be better choice though. so that it be usable in other places than sidebar too. any idea?

Dadparvar updated [HA] CTA FT Layouts with a new update entry:

New Widget - Slider!

• A new widget for Widget framework added
    • The new widget is slider (showing featured threads)
    • There are options to control lots of aspects of slider
    • Slider is based on Grid View 2nd Centered layout (so its style properties work on this slider too)
    • There are 3 different modes for slider
See screenshots to know more about the widget:

Read the rest of this update entry...

aha. Got it. It will take a lot of place if they be displayed one below the other. Imagine if you set to display 5 featured threads this way on sidebar. more than 1200px height!

I feel a slider can be better choice though. so that it be usable in other places than sidebar too. any idea?
Nice idea

Top Bottom