[HA] CTA FT Layouts

[HA] CTA FT Layouts 1.2.6

No permission to download
I don't have/use CTA FT (yet) but curious if anyone has it running with Dadparvar's styling options on a UIX theme. @Dadparvar

Thanks.
I don't check users' (in free add-ons) and customers' (in paid) sites. But some of them (in first versions of the add-on that had some bugs) asked for help and I checked their sites. It was looking as it must. (but its free. you can test it on local on your style to see if everything is fine or not. OR wait until some feedback from users)

I don't check users' (in free add-ons) and customers' (in paid) sites. But some of them (in first versions of the add-on that had some bugs) asked for help and I checked their sites. It was looking as it must. (but its free. you can test it on local on your style to see if everything is fine or not. OR wait until some feedback from users)

Thanks, appears to work ok so far. Now going to try your addon. :)

Cool. You may share your experience after chechinh. It can be useful for others who may be silmilar to you in future.

Thanks @Dadparvar .

So I tried it out and mostly ok except the layout I'm interested in has issues. List View as per screenshot seems to be inheriting font sizing from somewhere other than CTA. See screenshot inc. original list view and your list view.

Attachments

• HA - Featured Threads List.webp
    HA - Featured Threads List.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Orig - Featured Threads List.webp
    Orig - Featured Threads List.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
Thanks @Dadparvar .

So I tried it out and mostly ok except the layout I'm interested in has issues. List View as per screenshot seems to be inheriting font sizing from somewhere other than CTA. See screenshot inc. original list view and your list view.
well, I don't know what is going on on your custom commercial style. The list view is exactly what is used in xfrm + a few icons and improvements. see: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/2016-06-21_01-21-21-png.136236/
(to make sure that the problem is with your style or not, simply test in on default style => without any special change => if it was ok then surely the problem comes form the custom style)

Also, new layouts have their own properties. they are not using CTA's properties (as they are defined based on the their own layout) this is why I created style property group for each layout (if anything is missed, let me know it so that I add appropriate property for next version. but I feel all needed things are added)

well, I don't know what is going on on your custom commercial style. The list view is exactly what is used in xfrm + a few icons and improvements. see: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/2016-06-21_01-21-21-png.136236/
(to make sure that the problem is with your style or not, simply test in on default style => without any special change => if it was ok then surely the problem comes form the custom style)

Also, new layouts have their own properties. they are not using CTA's properties (as they are defined based on the their own layout) this is why I created style property group for each layout (if anything is missed, let me know it so that I add appropriate property for next version. but I feel all needed things are added)

I've not had a chance to look into this but it seems you're not inheriting style properties from CTA (and I see you confirmed it above) and you're not adding the options to change style properties to your views which means I now have to hack CSS in extras or somewhere to get it looking a little nicer. Perhaps if you add some additional styling properties it may help.

The style is UIX and I'm reporting back to you as promised :) Not being harsh. The non-list views seems to look ok.

Last edited:
I've not had a chance to look into this but it seems you're not inheriting style properties from CTA (and I see you confirmed it above) and you're not adding the options to change style properties to your views which means I now have to hack CSS in extras or somewhere to get it looking a little nicer. Perhaps if you add some additional styling properties it may help.

The style is UIX and I'm reporting back to you as promised :) Not being harsh. The non-list views seems to look ok.
See. This add-on's goal is to add NEW layouts. Then of course its as expected that its not inheriting any property of the default layout of the addon. So that to let you change things without touching the core. So its a positive point that it has its own properties (I could save hours and inherit properties but I spent it to add them ;) )

But about adding new properties, I'm always OK to add new things as far as they are useful for all users and also are not so big to take lots of time. Now with that said, feel free to let me know what style properties can be added (and need to be added) to list view, which currently is not added?

See. This add-on's goal is to add NEW layouts. Then of course its as expected that its not inheriting any property of the default layout of the addon. So that to let you change things without touching the core. So its a positive point that it has its own properties (I could save hours and inherit properties but I spent it to add them ;) )

But about adding new properties, I'm always OK to add new things as far as they are useful for all users and also are not so big to take lots of time. Now with that said, feel free to let me know what style properties can be added (and need to be added) to list view, which currently is not added?

Thanks. I've sent you a private conversation, will look and write some suggestions down myself shortly.

I checked your site. for example in this screenshot: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/ha-featured-threads-list-png.149254/
by messing things up you mean that left side "Read More" which is a little over there than the statistics on the right side? :D

That is not messy design. I added "Read More" 2 times in 2 places so that you be able to show it anywhere you want. There are 2 style properties that also let you hide any of them you want. Of course you won't need both of them at the same time. so feel free to hide one of them:
  • Display Read More Label
  • Display Read More on side block
(these 2 are checkboxes in style properties of list view. if you uncheck any of them, that will be hidden)

Any other part of it are also looking nice and as it must. I didn't find any problem at all. :)

Feel free to let us know what other problem you have with it

some may ask "if its not normal to use 2 "Read More" button, then why you added 2?" well the answer is I also added checkbox to let you hide them. also I added checkbox to let you hide the sideblock of list view at all. In this case, you will want a Read More button. Then you can activate the one that is out of sideblock ;)

I checked your site. for example in this screenshot: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/ha-featured-threads-list-png.149254/
by messing things up you mean that left side "Read More" which is a little over there than the statistics on the right side? :D

That is not messy design. I added "Read More" 2 times in 2 places so that you be able to show it anywhere you want. There are 2 style properties that also let you hide any of them you want. Of course you won't need both of them at the same time. so feel free to hide one of them:
  • Display Read More Label
  • Display Read More on side block
(these 2 are checkboxes in style properties of list view. if you uncheck any of them, that will be hidden)

Any other part of it are also looking nice and as it must. I didn't find any problem at all. :)

Feel free to let us know what other problem you have with it

Thanks for checking but on my site at least I do not see number of likes, views, status in the right block/column under list view even though they are enabled under style properties and also show with default CTA style blocks. All I see are number of replies. I actually don't see it in the default style either so definitely not styling related.

Also the position is off leading to parts of the stats being cutoff. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks for checking but on my site at least I do not see number of likes, views, status in the right block/column under list view even though they are enabled under style properties and also show with default CTA style blocks. All I see are number of replies.
I can guess something that you missed. You said you enabled number of likes views status in my add-on. Did you also enabled showing number of likes views status in CTA add-on?
cta.webp

They are not enabled by default.

Are you sure? (I see everything is being shown now on your site as it must)

It was a caching issue. Fixed now. :)

Still need to rework the ctaftlvUpdated and ctaftlvStats classes as the stats are cropped.

As a suggestion in future releases please inherit at a minimum cta font sizes, spacing, headings or even base text properties.

Thanks for the addon. The grid and masonry layouts work nicely.

Last edited:
As a suggestion in future releases please inherit at a minimum cta font sizes, spacing, headings or even base text properties.
Inheriting from other layout is not that good. But I may add new style properties to let you change things in list view as well as other layouts more in deep.

@Dadparvar

Quick question,

In Masonry view (which I've set for my archive page), I'm only seeing a default icon/placeholder. Is that by design or is it supposed to show something?

I'm referring to the attached image.

Attachments

• Featured Threads Archive.webp
    Featured Threads Archive.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
@Dadparvar

Quick question,

In Masonry view (which I've set for my archive page), I'm only seeing a default icon/placeholder. Is that by design or is it supposed to show something?

I'm referring to the attached image.
That is how CTA is working. Even in default layout of that addon you dont see icon of featured threads. Featured threads when archived, they loose their icons.

Top Bottom