Is anyone else following this game? I am really excited about it. It promises to be a refreshing experience for fans of the MMO genre. I made a big informational post on my forum about it. Here is the copy / paste:
- free to play
- windows only
- currently in closed beta, release date not set.
- no holy trinity (no tank / healer / dps roles). All professions are equal in their role-capacity. All professions can heal and resurrect.
- dynamic quests. Basically that means quests come to you instead of the other way around. There isn't a strict quest progression through a zone. Rather you just come upon random quests while doing your own thing in the game.
- player-driven narrative and progression. Your character's narrative is written down as you play, so you can go back and read the story of your character. And thanks in part to dynamic questing, your character's progression is whatever you want. There is no strict progression path that all players must follow. You can even grind to max level doing nothing but pvp.
- content and level scaling. The content and/or level of your character is scaled appropriately. For example, you can help new characters do low level content, during which time your character's effective level is reduced so that you don't overpower the content. Similarly, you can choose to do higher level content which is scaled down for you. This means choice of content really comes down to player skill, not level, and there is no strict content progression. But of course harder content has better rewards.
- competitive and noncompetitive pvp. Competitive pvp is fixed and balanced teams. All participants are scaled to max level so everyone is equal. You can do competitive pvp with lvl 1 characters thanks to level scaling. The noncompetitive pvp is a 3-way realm v realm v realm where it's basically a ffa, not balanced.
- no flying mounts
- your primary 5 skills are dependent on your weapon and environment. For example, when you switch weapons from a sword to a bow your primary 5 skills change. When you go under water your skills change. Your other 5 skills (for a total of 10 active) are selected by you.
- no required grouping of players for normal content. Rather everyone who participates in an event or kill is automatically rewarded. There is no kill stealing and there is no need to explicitly form a group before doing content. Just do the content and you are rewarded without any extra consideration.
- you can dodge ranged attacks. Combat involves actual movement and using skills while moving.
- flat leveling curve.
- there are gnomes.
Big playlist of informational vids:
Complete presentation by dev (camera rip, low quality):