guild wars 2

I play PoE. It's an amazingly good game except for the end game which fails hard enough that I lost interest:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11726
There are some other small reasons why I get turned off the game occasionally. One of them is that you can only save progress by visiting a waypoint. And in no other way possible. This is sort of also the case in Diablo 2, but there's a few key differences:

- Town portals in Diablo 2 last forever (vs 8-15 minutes in PoE which is really, really frustrating at times)
- Town Portals were generally quite a bit closer to each other than they are in some areas of PoE.
- Diablo 2 connections never dropped, where they have been somewhat unstable on PoE at times. And getting 90% through a long hard part only to disconnect and have to start over again can be a bit... cruel.

Other than that, I feel that certain "customize" items are both really strong and extremely frustrating, as well as the whole economy based situation. For example, I've gone through 20+ items to change the sockets and color of the sockets to something I wanted, because there's no way to manually change 1 socket color, it's all randomized. All good fun, but a lot less so when you have to get it right to get a good piece of armor / weapon / whatever to be useful to you, because otherwise you have to ditch half your spells to equip it. And to get those items you need to trade some rather obscure items, or trade through several types of items to get the one you want. (whereas with gold you just instantly buy what you want). In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to streamline those things a little.

As for late game content.. well, I think it's a bit underdeveloped. Small company, little time, all that. I think they'll add a lot more in the future.. at some point. But for now, yes it's somewhat lackluster.

That said, these are all minor complaints in an otherwise excellent game.

Top Bottom