guild wars 2

No worries and thanks for the gesture. :) I'm not fussed what screenname i get tbh but hopefully once monday comes gamestation (local store here) or blockbusters will have it in stock. *cries for torchlight 2 release date*

I guess you'll be playing in several days then... :p.

I've been updating everyday so I could grab my name as quickly as possible.

Lol best I could do, wife was watching netflix so it could have been a little faster. I think it took around 3.5 hrs. ;)

Actually took me about an hour and half to download at that speed :), I spent more time fixing the registration on the account, but I'm up and running

From what I've seen on youtube I'm not very impressed with GW2 yet. D3 taught me a lesson about pre-sales and buying games without playing a demo first.

Actually took me about an hour and half to download at that speed :), I spent more time fixing the registration on the account, but I'm up and running

Bah!!! :( it's the reason i purchased a digital copy of d3. Virgin media are notorious for capping you at 200kb until after midnight when you finally get your full dl speed.

From what I've seen on youtube I'm not very impressed with GW2 yet. D3 taught me a lesson about pre-sales and buying games without playing a demo first.

GW2 has way more content, and way more in the way of playability than D3.

D3 has just the storyline, and no additional quests. You also can't really do much as it isn't open world, and the areas get redundant after the first time (I memorized the maps within the first play through, something that took me at least a month on Diablo II).

GW2 is completely open world, and you can explorer pretty much everything. Other than just the storyline and the area quests, you also get dynamic events that happen throughout the world at any given time. Just by participating, you'll get rewarded when the event is over. If an event is failed, it'll launch another event. If an event is succeeded you'll often get an event having to do with that.

You also don't need to PvE, and can just do WvW, which is pretty amazing. You get experience and rewards for doing it, and many people just level this way.

I've played pretty much every game released since 1990, and so far GW2 is the only one that has kept my attention for longer than a week (Diablo II did, but only for PvP and because I was making money off the game).

I'm on Stormbluff Isles as well :)

Bah!!! :( it's the reason i purchased a digital copy of d3. Virgin media are notorious for capping you at 200kb until after midnight when you finally get your full dl speed.

You could have ordered the CE edition, as they send you the box set. I have super fast net so I don't really need to worry about being capped ;).

GW2 has way more content, and way more in the way of playability than D3.

D3 has just the storyline, and no additional quests. You also can't really do much as it isn't open world, and the areas get redundant after the first time (I memorized the maps within the first play through, something that took me at least a month on Diablo II).

Any type of auction house? I really liked the AH in WoW.

Any type of auction house? I really liked the AH in WoW.

There is a trading post, yes. Unlike WoW though, it is all realms wide vs just one.

Unlike most P2P, it isn't pay to win either. Only things you can buy with real money is cosmetic or non combat related like you can purchase realm transfers, more character slots, more bag slots etc. Cloths you buy, can't be used in combat, pretty much it's intended for role-play. The P2P currency is gems, but you can also purchase these gems in game using game currency.. so technically you can purchase any item shop item using in-game currency too.

There is a trading post, yes. Unlike WoW though, it is all realms wide vs just one.

Unlike most P2P, it isn't pay to win either. Only things you can buy with real money is cosmetic or non combat related like you can purchase realm transfers, more character slots, more bag slots etc. Cloths you buy, can't be used in combat, pretty much it's intended for role-play. The P2P currency is gems, but you can also purchase these gems in game using game currency.. so technically you can purchase any item shop item using in-game currency too.
It is sounding better. Maybe I'll take the plunge this week.

Would really be cool if they had a Linux version. Steam is slowly working on it and I've beta test some of their products.... Gaming is much faster in some cases.

If anyone needs a guild mine is open to join on darkhaven we are the Exiles of Tyria www.claninexile.com (TS info on the site) and let me or someone in the guild know in game and they will toss you an invite or PM me on here or on our website and I'll toss an invite out

After playing The Secret World... I have no interest in Guild Wars 2 anymore. The Secret World for me has redefined MMOs to the point where I don't ever want to play a traditional MMO again.

I didn't play the original Guild Wars and I didn't participate in GW2 beta, so this past Saturday was my very first exposure to every facet--skills, traits, races, professions, HUD, engine, etc. My decision to purchase the title was a bit whimsical, as I have been *over* MMORPGs for several years. After winning UO, I tried some of the other MMORPGs, but didn't find them appealing in the slightest. GW2, though, looked different.

It has been. Here are a few reasons that I love it. First, I like the personal story facet. In some ways, it captures what UO attempted to do: even amid other players, you are the hero, the avatar.

Second, I love that I am awarded experience for exploration and dynamic events. My most advanced character is only level 15, but I have done zero grinding to make it there. Instead, I've spent my time exploring the map to find overlooks and points of interest. Every time I find one, I earn experience. In between finding them, I constantly stumble upon different dynamic events, for which I also earn experience (and find cool gear). I've had no downtime and no drudgery.

Third, I love the balance of the professions. I can play a pure mage without accompaniment by a tank; I can take down the same creatures with a similar level thief as I can with a similar level ranger/pet. There is no trinity (tank, healer, dps).

Fourth, I love that regardless of my profession, I have to choose between 5-10 skills/spells/abilities at a time. I do not miss having 30 macros + 30 spell icons on my desktop.

Fifth, I love the choose-your-own-adventure-ness (<-new, copyrighted phrase) of the decisions. Am I going to save the hospital or the orphanage? Do I pursue the badguy or wait for reinforcements and risk his escape? Do I kill the prisoner, keep him safe, or turn a blind eye and let my companions rough him up?

Sixth, I love that if I return to earlier areas, my level is scaled appropriately. If I’m level 20 and I return to an initial area of a map, my level may be re-scaled to level 5 during my time there. This ensures that no area becomes irrelevant—they’ll always be challenging.

Seventh, everyone gets experience for everything. Everyone can resurrect fellow players, and everyone gets experience for it.

This doesn’t even begin to touch on the matchless visuals.

I'm still a huge noob. Don't know how best to invest my traits or skill points, so I haven't. Haven't bought any armor, nor used the market. Haven't begun to explore crafting. Haven’t tried sPvP or WvWvW. But I feel like that's ok. I'm having fun w/o responsibility.

Anyone playing? I went back just a week ago since launch where I ended up quitting and could not explain why... I rounded up a bunch of friends and the game is just amazing.... They do updates so frigan often and they keep adding a lot of content for free.

I started a small guild on Jade Quarry though harder to get on peak hours called Godcraft.

I'm Kane.1978 in the game!

PS Lots of API Been added... Be so frigan cool if someone added some Xenforo addons for GW2!

Top Bottom