guild wars 2

I wish I never purchased and "tried" to play that game. D3 totally ruined anything to do with Diablo and doubt I'll ever touch another Diablo or blizzard game again after the launch fiasco.
See, this is what everyone gets for not listening to me.

The beta informed my decision not to buy D3:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11706

Jakeman said:
I didn't get in the beta, but my friend did. I played the beta for about 2 hours. Almost made it to the end. I played a Wizard.

The game played me more than I played it. Everything in the game is very leading. You don't have to think or do anything other than kill stuff. The map tells you where to go and what to do. You don't have to understand the quest objectives, just go where the map tells you and click what it tells you. You don't have to think about skill or stat points. You don't have to return to town for any reason other than to turn in quests. No penalty for death. No downtime. You barely have to stop for mana.

Playing the game felt no different than watching videos of people playing. It's like watching TV. It's that same level of engagement. The most engaging thing was wrestling with the skill slots (a common complaint among players).

Did you guys play the beta?

I never did purchase GW2. It looks like a quality game but it just didn't inspire me enough to buy it.

Took almost a year but D3 finally got fun with patch 1.0.8. Anyone looking to start or return to D3, I'll be happy to help you power level to 60 and give you some good lower level items. I have 3 level 60s, my Witch Doctor is my best. She's Paragon level 44 and can solo Inferno MP 6.

Took almost a year but D3 finally got fun with patch 1.0.8. Anyone looking to start or return to D3, I'll be happy to help you power level to 60 and give you some good lower level items. I have 3 level 60s, my Witch Doctor is my best. She's Paragon level 44 and can solo Inferno HP 6.

Mind if I ask mike what Patch 1.0.8 brought and made it fun?

Mind if I ask mike what Patch 1.0.8 brought and made it fun?

Sure,

PvP fixed

more mobs in inferno acts when playing above Monster Power (MP) 1

Lot's of monsters adjusted for experience and chance to drop loot modified to better align with their hit points

10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game

Magic Find and Gold Find bonuses can exceed their respective 300% caps (so no more caps on farming gear)

Can now search for games starting on any quest you have completed rather then just at the start of acts

Can now use start at any act when queing for a public game, ques are much faster as your not waiting for a group to start at a certain act if you don't really care where you start.. Awesome for leveling

Key Wardens fixed to actully drop key fragments.

Lots of bug fixes and class balances.

Sure,

PvP fixed

Lot's of monsters adjusted for experience and chance to drop loot modified to better align with their hit points

10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game

Magic Find and Gold Find bonuses can exceed their respective 300% caps (so no more caps on farming gear)

Can now search for games starting on any quest you have completed rather then just at the start of acts

Can now use start at any act when queing for a public game, ques are much faster as your not waiting for a group to start at a certain act if you don't really care where you start.. Awesome for leveling

Hmmmm *Reaches for the D3 dvd* now what goodies have you got I can have? I'm roughly a level 43 (forgot) any decent ranged weaponary?

Prolly in my stash, if not I can go farm you up something fast.. Demon Hunter?

Yup that's it Mike, a Demon Hunter. I'm currently working on something and want to wrap it up for the next update (xf related) but will install this sometime tomorrow (sunday) so anything good you can get would be appreciated. So much for me never playing again huh? Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in again. </godfather> :LOL:

ha ha np.. Looking in my stash, I have a nice level 42 bow you can have and some Capt Crimson set pieces for high level 30s, great leveling gear as they have set bonus and life per second stat bonus too.. ohhh what's this? a level 60 ilevel 62 legendary bow.. hmmm someone might receive it if they stick it out to 60 :)

I never did purchase GW2. It looks like a quality game but it just didn't inspire me enough to buy it.

I've definitely gotten $60 worth out of the game. A bit too much if you look at my played time :| If you're wanting endgame raid content though, you probably won't be happy with GW2.

gw040.webp

Sure,

PvP fixed

Have they fixed the "if you're playing class A, you'll find goodies for anything EXCEPT class A" stuff yet? That was one of the biggest reasons why I got beyond frustrated with Diablo 3, when I'm playing as a wizard, I want to find mostly wizard / intelligence items. Especially if that's my only / highest level character. Finding items only for other classes and when I did finally find a [rare/unique/whatever] wizard item it having a strength only stat, is rather disheartening.

Have they fixed the "if you're playing class A, you'll find goodies for anything EXCEPT class A" stuff yet? That was one of the biggest reasons why I got beyond frustrated with Diablo 3, when I'm playing as a wizard, I want to find mostly wizard / intelligence items. Especially if that's my only / highest level character. Finding items only for other classes and when I did finally find a [rare/unique/whatever] wizard item it having a strength only stat, is rather disheartening.

It is still some what hit and miss, but the random stats have gotten a lot better. More so on class only items. I found a Mojo on my WD last week with over 280 int, plus a really good soul harvest bonus too. I found a nice bow for Shelley last night farming on my Demon Hunter with pretty high Dex for it's level. So yeah, you still get a lot of junk, but good finds are more common now too. Random stats seemed to have improved a lot on crafting items too.

It is still some what hit and miss, but the random stats have gotten a lot better. More so on class only items. I found a Mojo on my WD last week with over 280 int, plus a really good soul harvest bonus too. I found a nice bow for Shelley last night farming on my Demon Hunter with pretty high Dex for it's level. So yeah, you still get a lot of junk, but good finds are more common now too. Random stats seemed to have improved a lot on crafting items too.
Thanks, that's interesting to know.

For those of you who liked Diablo 2 and didn't like Diablo 3 much, I'd also like to recommend Path of Exile. It has a lot of the stuff that made Diablo 2 good, in an interesting and new way. And it's completely free to play. It's something that I would recommend to give a try at least if you liked Diablo 2 and are looking for a game to play.

Thanks, that's interesting to know.

For those of you who liked Diablo 2 and didn't like Diablo 3 much, I'd also like to recommend Path of Exile. It has a lot of the stuff that made Diablo 2 good, in an interesting and new way. And it's completely free to play. It's something that I would recommend to give a try at least if you liked Diablo 2 and are looking for a game to play.

I play PoE. It's an amazingly good game except for the end game which fails hard enough that I lost interest:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11726

Jakeman said:
I have a lvl 78 marauder now. My only complaint so far is the end game map system. They have a system where you need to find maps (random drop) to access high-level end game areas, and you spend currency on the maps to improve them. But the balance is such that you constantly run out of high-level maps and have to start over at a lower level, and you have to spend most of your wealth augmenting the maps you get.

To use a D2 analogy, it would be like having to spend one SOJ to run Baal, and there is a high probability that you won't be able to run Baal again. It's more likely it will force you to go back and run previous act bosses many times before letting you pay to run Baal again.

The system is designed to be a money-sink to prevent inflation, but it's really annoying and not fun.

Other than that it's an awesome game.

except for the end game which fails hard enough that I lost interest:

Ever since WoW, every games end game has been fail. WoW set a new standard of what max level play should be and no other game has come close to matching that standard since. Sure WvW in GW2 or Inferno mp5+ in D3 is fun, but it still doesn't compare. No other game offers the mechanics of 25 people wiping on something for hours on end to even weeks.

Top Bottom