Group membership moderators

Group membership moderators 2.2.1

No permission to download
Just tried with 60+ groups, special characters and long names.
Couldn't reprocude.

Any errors in the XF log or webserver log?

Last edited:
Just tried with 60+ groups, special characters and long names.
Couldn't reprocude.

Any errors is the XF log or webserver log?
Nothing that I can see.

I am still on XF V2.1.10 using your mod version 2.1.5, does your most recent update for XF2.2 work on 2.1? If so I can try upgrading it to see if it fixes it?

The latest version should also work on XF 2.1, you might want to try that first.

Do you have access to phpmyadmin? If so, you could check the table xf_user_group.
Maybe you can do an export so I can have a look:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_group

The latest version should also work on XF 2.1, you might want to try that first.

Do you have access to phpmyadmin? If so, you could check the table xf_user_group.
Maybe you can do an export so I can have a look:
SELECT * FROM xf_user_group
I tried updating (which worked), but the issue didn't resolve itself like I hoped!

I'll send you over the database you asked for, thank you for looking at this :). I'll PM you the info!

Question for you. We have a XF2.2 forum for a non-profit. The non-profit has nearly 400 local chapters around the world and I am thinking of setting up a forum for any of them that would like a private member forum. If we go down that path there is no way that the 3 people who manage the entire forums would be able to deal with updating and removing secondary group membership for 25 local chapters, little alone 400. Is it possible to name a member a group membership moderator for a single local chapter and they could only update membership for that single group, while we have another member be a group membership moderator for another single local chapter? If that works, is there any issue if a regular member needs to be added to two of the local chapters by two different group membership moderators? We have some members that are members of 3-4 local chapters as some of our chapters are special interest groups vs a local geography. Thank you!

I don't know what you mean with chapters.
But...
Is it possible to name a member a group membership moderator for a single local chapter and they could only update membership for that single group, while we have another member be a group membership moderator for another single local chapter?
Yes, that is exactly what this addon is about. You can specify one (or more) users a group moderator of group A, and some other user group moderator of group B.

If that works, is there any issue if a regular member needs to be added to two of the local chapters by two different group membership moderators?
That's no problem at all.

However, I can say anything :) It is better to just test the functionality yourself and see if it works for you.

Mr. Jinx updated Group membership moderators with a new update entry:
  • Confirmed compatibility with XF 2.2!
I'm using v2.1.6 with XF 2.2.4, and removing users from groups via /account/moderated-groups/abc.123/view does not work.
I click the remove icon, with the URL of /account/moderated-groups/abc.123/remove?user_id=12345 but when the page reloads the user is still a member of the group.

I can't reproduce this, also using XF 2.2.4 and add-on version 2.1.6.
What version of PHP are you using?
Any errors in the webserver logs?

I was hoping that you're on PHP 8, then it might be some php function.
Hmm, but I have no clue on this one.

Does it happen with a certain user, or also with other users?
Or only a certain group?
If just one user/group, maybe you can see if there is something special or different compared to the other users/groups (weird characters in name, special groups, etc ...)

And do you see anything in the moderator and user log when you remove this user from the group?

Last edited:
Does it happen with a certain user, or also with other users?
With multiple users, by different moderators. Same result.

Or only a certain group?
I have 2 groups, same result trying to remove any user from either groups

If just one user/group, maybe you can see if there is something special or different compared to the other users/groups (weird characters in name, special groups, etc ...)
No special/unusual characters in either usernames or group names.

Could you check /admin.php?logs/user-change and /admin.php?logs/moderator/ after removing a user from a group.
Does it log anything there?

Last edited:
Thanks @Mouth. I think I found something.
Could it be that the usergroup is also used for User Group Promotion? (/admin.php?user-group-promotions/)
It seems that in this case, the addon does not work correctly. If you can confirm this, then I'll try to fix this.

Could it be that the usergroup is also used for User Group Promotion? (/admin.php?user-group-promotions/)
It seems that in this case, the addon does not work correctly. If you can confirm this, then I'll try to fix this.
Yes. I have two user groups active at /account/moderated-groups/ and one of them is also active for a user group promotion.
Both groups wouldn't allow me to remove users from them.

Just a small suggestion: Can the group link in account view made only visible to members who are a group moderator?
Just downloaded the add-on, ^ agree with that :)

Also.. Our site has a lot of Usergroups so would it be possible to have 2 columns..

This is how the Usergroups Current appear

1.webp

This is how I would like them to appear

2.webp

Thanks

Something else I thought of.. As some of our users have multiple tags, could their tags be shown next to their username here?

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 19.49.22.webp

Top Bottom