XF 1.5 Google authentication no longer functioning

jflory7

Hello all,

Firstly, when setting up Google authentication for my site, crystalcraftmc.com, I followed the official guide provided by the XenForo team.

A month or two ago, a user contacted me saying that they were no longer able to log into the site with Google, and they were presented with this error.

Error 400 (OAuth2 Error!)

That’s an error.

Error: origin_mismatch

Application: Project Default Service Account

You can email the developer of this application at: myemailgoeshere @foo . bar

Request Details
That’s all we know.

I've double-checked that all of my Google Console information is updated and correct. What could the problem be? Any troubleshooting tips?

Hi,

Bumping this thread because I am still having the issue, although now it is a different one. Since I posted this thread, the error screen has gone away, but now, whenever I try signing in or associating my account with a Google account, the button is non-responsive. I don't receive an error, no screen pops up, no redirect happens. The button refuses to work both as a signed-in user, signed out, or trying to associate with an account.

I double-checked to make sure that I was doing this right, and I even went as far to reset the secret key for my Google authentication, but no success. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem here? Facebook and Twitter authentication still work fine, it's just the Google one giving me a hard time.

Edit: I do have a fairly intensive style on my website, but I have confirmed that it also does not work in the default XenForo theme.

Hi again…

Naturally, as soon as I bump the thread, I discover that it's a browser issue! I have Ghostery installed and it was blocking the "Google+ Platform" tracker… enabling that on the site immediately fixed the issue…

Please close / move this thread as resolved. Sorry!

Top Bottom