Google Adsense Autoads (Advanced)

Google Adsense Autoads (Advanced) [Paid] v2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
what i was saying was that google is changing the behavior. you do not need to add code for auto ads manually. they would be enabled by the regular ad code. so if you do not use it already, it would be enabled for you. they are adding controls for it in the backend but they seem quite a mess. i mean on my board, i have auto ads only for guests. the new system would make it impossible to set it up in a similar fashion.

1581905580110.webp

So if I block a group from seeing ads I am only blocking the auto-ads right? Not the normal adsense.

This addon only affects AutoAds code placement. If you've manually set "AdSense" code elsewhere it will not be affected.

what i was saying was that google is changing the behavior. you do not need to add code for auto ads manually. they would be enabled by the regular ad code. so if you do not use it already, it would be enabled for you. they are adding controls for it in the backend but they seem quite a mess. i mean on my board, i have auto ads only for guests. the new system would make it impossible to set it up in a similar fashion.

While true, it's not a domain wide thing. You still need to have a variant of AdSense code on your website pages. Any page with this code will show adsense advertisements.

This addon gives you more granular ability to designate on what pages to show this adsense code, abilities such as:
  • Do or Don't show to X usergroups
  • Do or Don't show on such and such pages (don't show on error or login, etc)
  • And other display features

Last edited:
@beerForo I think you're misunderstanding the article. Google does not magically infiltrate websites and place code/adverts on websites you control and select. This would be quite impossible unless all web requests went through Google servers... Which they do not.

The article simply says no adjustment to old code is required in order to make use of AutoAds. It's been this way for quite a few months now for many of the busy AdSense customers.

However, some code implementation from Google on your website is still required. It just doesn't matter if it's the new AutoAds code or the old pre-AutoAds code.

I have auto-ads on my site and no code is needed.
I have only regular adsense. If I go to the adsense website and turn auto-ads ON, they appear. That's the way it works now. If you don't believe me you can try it.

Last edited:
Further to my last post. As Google rolls out more and more AutoAds features through their end it still won't make Xenforo AutoAds Add-on obsolete because Google will never natively support Xenforo Usergroups display from their admin interface.

That's just one simple example out of many possibilities of why XF site owners will still want to install this AddOn versus attempting to control AdSense display strictly through Google's interface.

Still not sure if your add-on works for auto ads if we have no code placement.

Last edited:
This is how it works, not an article, but from google itself.

Make sure your site is listed on your Ads page. If not, you'll need to add the site to your sites list before you set up Auto ads. (mine is)
Click Ads and then Overview.
In the table of all your sites, click Edit next to your site. Your site opens in the ad settings preview.
Under "Site settings", turn on Auto ads.
(mine is on)

They show on my site. Turn OFF they don't. No code.

Last edited:
It started in October 2019. Here's another article with a more blunt explanation:

Auto ads now work through any AdSense ad unit code
I'm not going by the article, it's just for reference. I can tell you they appear, lol, I had to turn them off on one site because google decided to flip the ON switch on and all places with regular adsense had ads all over.

I'll have to assume your add-on won't work unless you can let me know it does. Thanks

Okay, we're having a disconnect here. I'll leave it at that.

My Addon works as described and Google's recent changes do not affect my AddOn in the least.

@oxygeno2 I would definitely check the following:
  • You do NOT have any existing adcode running (perhaps you manually set it previously)
  • You do NOT have my free add-on for adsense installed (if you do, uninstall it)

Top Bottom