GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

v1.0.2 U1 ...
Running a (first) rebuild of image proxy ...

Code:
An exception occurred: Call to a member function thumbnail() on boolean in library/GFNIo/ImageHandler/Abstract.php on line 145

GFNIo_ImageHandler_Abstract->resize() in GFNIo/ImageHandler/JpegOptim.php at line 99
GFNIo_ImageHandler_JpegOptim->_optimize() in GFNIo/ImageHandler/Abstract.php at line 56
GFNIo_ImageHandler_Abstract->optimize() in GFNIo/Application.php at line 55
GFNIo_Application::optimize() in GFNIo/Model/ImageOptimize.php at line 160
GFNIo_Model_ImageOptimize->_optimize() in GFNIo/Model/ImageOptimize.php at line 101
GFNIo_Model_ImageOptimize->optimize() in GFNIo/Deferred/ProcessQueue.php at line 38
GFNIo_Deferred_ProcessQueue->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13

When I click on ACP | Applications | Rebuild Images ( /admin.php?image-optimizer/rebuild ) again, it immediately goes straight into processing again, and spits out the same error.

LOL... not much of a change there :D

Running a (first) rebuild of image proxy ...
I'll have to look into it...

When I click on ACP | Applications | Rebuild Images ( /admin.php?image-optimizer/rebuild ) again, it immediately goes straight into processing again, and spits out the same error.
This page has the same piece of code as AdminCP -> Tools -> Cache Rebuild which restarts any outstanding deferred process upon access.

So far with my setup Kraken.io and Optimus.io are no longer causing an issue with the Attachment Store add-on with todays 1.0.2 update.

That's all I've had time to check, but so far so good and I'm not getting any more errors.

@RSI

Can you please advise what settings you have.

1. Is Image Optimisation deferred or immediate ?
2. Is BD attachment store deferred or immediate in attachment options?
3. Is 'Keep Local Copy' set or unset in attachment options?

I still get errors if optimisation is deferred

Having GFN optimisation set to process upon upload significantly increases the user upload time.

Last edited:
Consider tapping into Imagify.io as an optimizer. Good service with a free plan and very cheap plans after that.

@RSI

Can you please advise what settings you have.

1. Is Image Optimisation deferred or immediate ?
2. Is BD attachment store deferred or immediate in attachment options?
3. Is 'Keep Local Copy' set or unset in attachment options?

I still get errors if optimisation is deferred

Having GFN optimisation set to process upon upload significantly increases the user upload time.

I did get an error over the weekend when all of the handlers were disabled because I had only checked it with Kraken and Optimus enabled. I disabled them before going out of town for a couple of days and when I tried to upload an image file with my iPhone the error was produced during upload, the type with the red bar across the top of the dialog box. Disabling the add-on and its core stopped it.

Anyway, when I arrived home today I installed the new update 1 and it looks like that error is gone now even with the Image Optimization set to deferred.

I'm using the attachment store add-on in ftp mode and not set to deferred and I don't use "Keep Local Copy".

So…

1. Image Optimization deferred or immediate.

2. BD Attachment Store immediate.

3. “Keep Local Copy” off.

Does anyone know whether the current version of this addon will compress attachments created by AndyB's Convert Image addon? The previous version didn't seem to do that.

Also, the previous version seemed to remove EXIF info when using jpegoptim. Does the current version do that?

I uninstalled the old one, installed the new version of the addon, and now none of the attachments on my test board are working - they all show as broken.

I am restoring from backups and don't want to spend any time troubleshooting what happened. I do not plan to use the addon again.

That said, it's highly possible that I did something wrong and that this was user error. However, I am posting this here as a warning, just in case there is a bug. I recommend that you backup your stuff and test this addon before using it to process all attachments on your production board.

I use AWS s3 buckets with BD, which no doubt is the source of my error if I set Image Optimisation to deferred.
S3 and FTP works the same way when it comes to fetching the attachment from the source and saving it in a temporary file. Not sure why it's not working as expected.

Does anyone know whether the current version of this addon will compress attachments created by AndyB's Convert Image addon? The previous version didn't seem to do that.
The way Convert Image does things is not compatible with GFNIo.

Also, the previous version seemed to remove EXIF info when using jpegoptim. Does the current version do that?
Yes, the EXIF information is removed.

I uninstalled the old one, installed the new version of the addon, and now none of the attachments on my test board are working - they all show as broken.
That's a first. I am looking into this.

It happened after running "Rebuild Caches" a few times. One thing I noticed that I think was different from prior versions was that each run seemed to reduce already processed images by a tiny bit, eg 30 bytes, whereas I don't think the previous version did anything to already processed images.

As always, I was using jpegoptim 90% only. No other compression.

https://ewww.io/ support? That's considered as the reigning champ for cloud based image compressions services.
Consider tapping into Imagify.io as an optimizer. Good service with a free plan and very cheap plans after that.
Support for these two will be available on version 1.0.3 :)

One thing I noticed that I think was different from prior versions was that each run seemed to reduce already processed images by a tiny bit, eg 30 bytes, whereas I don't think the previous version did anything to already processed images.
From the tests, I noticed that a couples of bytes do get removed for every rebuild. But that wouldn't be the case here as this didn't break the attachments of my test board.

I am using other addons which could affect attachments, although I ran your previous GFN Kraken addon recently without any problem.

Those addons include Convert Image, Convert Image All, [Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization & CDN Support, Lazy Load , sonnb - Xenforo Trigger Lightbox, [WMTech] Attachment Manager, and Remove Attach Limits

Top Bottom