GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

I have successfully enabled "Automatically Create Thread in Forum", but within this thread forum, both product and user's avatar are displayed in the left of the thread list (understandably). Is there a way to get rid of the user's avatar so that only the product picture is visible?

upload_2016-6-25_16-43-22.webp

Seriously - sort it out. Or you may as well quit school because you could have the best teacher in the world and be an excellent coder - However, reputation and reliability is everything...

While I agree doing a better job of keeping customers updated should is key but telling the dev to quit school to develop an addon that will never earn him the kind of money that could otherwise be earned is kinda rude.

While I agree doing a better job of keeping customers updated should is key but telling the dev to quit school to develop an addon that will never earn him the kind of money that could otherwise be earned is kinda rude.

You are taking it that way - What I am saying is, you can be the best coder in the world - If you don't have a good reputation, whats the point? in fact, that goes for any type of self run business or even if you work for an employer.

Punctuality and Reliablity are 2 core fundementals. You either have them, or you don't. The rest can be taught. The first two are down to attitude and your way of life, which is far harder to change.

It's even more frustrating as he is actually a good coder. Wasted potential is even more infuriating when mixed with the lack of communication and reliability.

If the guy was a waste of space or his add-on was poor, no-one would care. The fact is, it isn't - so it leaves his silence that bit more frustrating.

the problem here in not if the coder is good or not (I'm not even able to know it)... the problem is that this is the only full dedicated classified system available for xenForo and the author don't notice anyone when he want to take a break! :(

I'm starting to think about xenword and a wp plugin to solve the problem.

Should this not be marked as "Unmaintained". I mean after how long of not being able to contact the dev for maintenance does it get marked as "Unmaintained".

No response from dev, no updates = unmaintained or no?

Should this not be marked as "Unmaintained". I mean after how long of not being able to contact the dev for maintenance does it get marked as "Unmaintained".

Might be a good idea to deter people from buying it while the developer is MIA.

That should require at least 2-3 months or so of no activity though (not responding to any questions, feedback, or support requests). @Mr. Goodie2Shoes was actually heard from on the 23rd of May, so it's been just a little over a month now.

the problem here in not if the coder is good or not (I'm not even able to know it)... the problem is that this is the only full dedicated classified system available for xenForo and the author don't notice anyone when he want to take a break! :(

Interesting idea, it's a bit of a trap though. Hard to maintain/keep XF+WP up to date when you bridge them.

Last edited:
@Mr. Goodie2Shoes nearly finished my site (after all this time )

Could you fix these 2 bugs (pretty please)

1. Images not uploading on iOS

image.webp

2. Getting this error 'Unable to fetch location data from Google Maps API' when trying to select location on my sites. What's weird though is that it works just fine on one of my other sites with one style but not the other styles.

image.webp

I'm also starting to lean this way. I was developing some style modifications for this addon to increase its usability with a focus on touch UI but after seeing it go long periods with no news or plans I've put that on hold.

Currently, investigating options on the WP side of things.

So many unanswered questions, a product with no support for over a month, no word from the author - guess that should be reason enough to mark this addon as - obviously - unmaintained. As his others.

I have my doubts about purchasing this addon. Can xenword and wp plugin do the job? Integrating good enough?

The iOS upload issue is a huge problem. Anyone think they might know how to fix it?

I've managed to pay a developer to fix the iOS upload bug, trying to get him to fix the Location Google Maps API bug also. If anyone is interested in chipping in to cover the cost of that I am willing to share the updated files. I'll keep you informed.

I've managed to pay a developer to fix the iOS upload bug, trying to get him to fix the Location Google Maps API bug also. If anyone is interested in chipping in to cover the cost of that I am willing to share the updated files. I'll keep you informed.

PM me the details of what you have in mind (cost, mainly).

Looks viable. Honestly I think if I could do it again I'd build my entire site based around Wordpress and buddy press.

wordpress and buddypress set have do have their own set problems too. I tried it before and even with the enormous amount of plugins it is still hard to get it right and also solving the conflicts with plugins could prove to be headachy sometimes.

Almost two months since @Mr. Goodie2Shoes was last heard or seen from. A shame, but I'm giving up on this add-on now. Bad support and blown deadlines on the order of months simply aren't acceptable

I will try and ask for my money back as the product never fully materialized.

Edit: Just received a reply from @Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Unfortunately I can't do any refund as this is against our policy.
I do understand everyone's concern and have been out of the loop for some time (again). I haven't gotten back in the thread and wont for the time being.
I have resumed my work a couple of days back and was planning to send out an email to all the customers. I am in a tight spot here, having trouble managing everything in my personal life so just hope you would understand my predicament.

Nevertheless, I do understand that since this is a paid product/service I should be professional enough to manage my schedule, which I am in the process of changing for the past few days and trying my best to make it as stable as possible. I know you've been sticking with the product from the very beginning and I ask you to be a little bit patient for a little more time.

I'm going down a different route in any case. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom