GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Bug: when layout has fixed width, custom fields in classified become broken. See attached screenshot.

Fix: open classifieds_item_view.css, find
Code:
    .customClassifiedFields dt
     {
       width: 190px;
       float: left;
       color: @mutedTextColor;
     }

.customClassifiedFields dt + dd
     {
       margin-left: 200px;
     }
replace with
Code:
    .customClassifiedFields dt
     {
       color: @mutedTextColor;
     }

.customClassifiedFields dt + dd
     {
       margin-left: 20px;
     }

Attachments

• classified_bug.webp
    classified_bug.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 38
When using Tapatalk the link to a classified posted in a forum doesn't work. I would expect to load the classified in a webview in Tapatalk but instead some random thread (where threadID = classifiedID) is loaded. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

How to make the thumbnails in list view bigger? and is it possible to remove the tagline when maing a classified?

Already possible. System options > List Settings > Default List View Mode
System options > Classified Settings > Disable Attachment Uploader

Thanks I had no idea those other settings where available in the drop downbox - I thought the only setting was in default setting that showed up when you clicked on System Settings. Thanks so much.

Is it possible to change the thumbnail in list view? do i need to go to template or are there any options to make it bigger, i need atleast 250x250px on the thumbnails

I am testing categorys ect ect and i got this error when trying to make a paydpackade work. it says pending on the classified.
I have installed paygate but i dont think its working i am not getting on a paypal site or anything

And how can i make the location google map work?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
People REALLY need to be able to mark an item sold even when not sold to another member. My members are complaining about this.

Been saying it for a while :)

I think the author should consider simplifying the ad completion work flow. There shouldn't be a delete, close and sold option. Take a page out of Kijiji, they have one option called delete that pops up a window where you specify if it was sold via the site or not. You could jam in an 'optional' provide feedback checkbox in there that would enable users to 'optionally' provide feedback on the sale. It's nice and simple.

Right now I have a myriad of ads in different states as users don't understand the difference between close and delete, and sold.

Consider my comments a request for an additional feature that allows one package per user group.
Unfortunately there is not much interest for this feature so for the time being please use the ugly hack of selecting other user groups in the exclusion list in the User Criteria page.

When using Tapatalk the link to a classified posted in a forum doesn't work. I would expect to load the classified in a webview in Tapatalk but instead some random thread (where threadID = classifiedID) is loaded. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!
I haven't looked how Tapatalk works so can't provide any feedback for this.

How to make the thumbnails in list view bigger? and is it possible to remove the tagline when maing a classified?
Is it possible to change the thumbnail in list view? do i need to go to template or are there any options to make it bigger, i need atleast 250x250px on the thumbnails
Yes, you'll have to edit a template to make the thumbnails bigger. And to disable taglines, you will have to first make the tagline optional from System Options then edit the classifieds_item_edit template to remove the tag line field from view.

How to force featured classifieds appear in list mode instead of grid mode?
Even when Default List View Mode set to "List View", featured classifieds appear as if it's grid mode.
It is designed to show the featured classifieds in grid format.

People REALLY need to be able to mark an item sold even when not sold to another member. My members are complaining about this.
Yeah, I've got people complaining about it also, but just told them to hang tight and use the close function for now.
I think the author should consider simplifying the ad completion work flow. There shouldn't be a delete, close and sold option. Take a page out of Kijiji, they have one option called delete that pops up a window where you specify if it was sold via the site or not. You could jam in an 'optional' provide feedback checkbox in there that would enable users to 'optionally' provide feedback on the sale. It's nice and simple.
I have updated the mark as complete form to partially fix the issues. A more straightforward way will be implemented once the app reaches gold.

I am testing categorys ect ect and i got this error when trying to make a paydpackade work. it says pending on the classified.
I have installed paygate but i dont think its working i am not getting on a paypal site or anything
Can you please explain your workflow?
And how can i make the location google map work?
You'll have to enable location from category editor form.

I am not sure what you mean by workflow, but i installed this addon on a clean xenforo install, i set up the test categories, packages and adverds, the packageds without fee worked great but the others i got the error so i installed paygate but there are not many options there only 5 currencys and in classifieds i can make the one i want NOK. but i am not getting forwared to a paypal site and thats the problem.

Sorry for spelling error English is not my native

Tapatalk doesn't resolve many things in XF including Resources and XFMG links. So it's no surprise unfortunately

We're using this on a large live site. We've had a couple of reports lately that on a Safari mobile browser on iOS that the Upload Images button doesn't work. In fact, it doesn't do anything. I've confirmed that this is so on iOS.

It does work on Android. It offers to use the "camera," "camcorder," or "documents" in Android to upload an image. But in iOS nothing happens.

Yeah, I've got people complaining about it also, but just told them to hang tight and use the close function for now.

Been saying it for a while :)

Right now I have a myriad of ads in different states as users don't understand the difference between close and delete, and sold.
Yep, I can confirm the big confusion on large boards...

Suggestion: show two options: "sold at this forum" and just "sold".

This is critical @Mr. Goodie2Shoes ... maybe you can take a look in next RC (if there are any before GOLD)

Last edited:
I've been in touch with @Mr. Goodie2Shoes . I know he has some changes to the feedback system for the next RC, it's not 100% the simplified system I think some of us envisage but it's getting there slowly. He did state he's moving in that direction before Gold.

Eagerly waiting on the next RC.

Top Bottom