GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

After updating to RC5 I no longer have GoodForNothing Classifieds under the AdminCP options. The add-on appears to be working properly and I still have all of the configuration options under the Applications tab. I also have options for GFN Core and GFN Kraken. This is only occurring on our production site, it's showing fine on our dev site.

Here's a screen shot of the Classified Ad the way you set it up in RC4 - see how the Price is impossible to read?
I see. It didn't look so bad in the default style :D
Thanks. I'm not sure about others, but more frequent bump intervals are a valuable reward for our members.
Yeah, it should be possible, I just need to port into XenForo's permission system ;)
Thank you. While you're working with titles is there a chance you can add a way to modify the character limit? 100 characters is far too many to maintain a clean, compact appearance :)
Maybe I should add an admin option?
Hello, thank for your reply. Hơ i can fix it?
open graph tags will be available on RC 6
Any recommendations?
Can you give me temp access to your cPanel so that I can look what caused the issue and maybe recall the installer again?

After updating to RC5 I no longer have GoodForNothing Classifieds under the AdminCP options.
You mean the option group is missing from the option group list? what is the version of GFNCore that is installed in the production site?

Yeah, it should be possible, I just need to port into XenForo's permission system ;)

Good deal :)

Maybe I should add an admin option?

That'd be extremely useful. Many of us have a custom design we need to keep consistent, and character counts play a fairly large role in that.

You mean the option group is missing from the option group list? what is the version of GFNCore that is installed in the production site?

Yep, exactly. I even tried searching for the options and different browsers with no luck. Both the production and dev servers are running GFN Core 1.0.0 Beta 1

Yep, exactly. I even tried searching for the options and different browsers with no luck. Both the production and dev servers are running GFN Core 1.0.0 Beta 1
Okay, just remembered: it's available on the test site because debug mode is enabled I presume?
The admin options are available in Applications -> Classifieds -> System Options

:)

Feedback IS 100% optional: the user can just go to another page, but I get your point. Maybe I should add a check box in the closing form asking if the user wants to rate the other party or not.

Thanks. Yes a button called Skip or something similar would make sense on the feedback form, right now the pop up 'looks' modal and honestly it didn't strike me as optional (nor will it my users).

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

RC 5, creating a classified using a package with a fee produces this (this package autofeatures classifieds also):

Argument 2 passed to GFNClassifieds_Model_ClassifiedWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnCreate() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/mysite.com/htdocs/library/GFNClassifieds/DataWriter/Classified.php on line 750 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in GFNClassifieds/Model/ClassifiedWatch.php at line 14
  2. GFNClassifieds_Model_ClassifiedWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnCreate() inGFNClassifieds/DataWriter/Classified.php at line 750
  3. GFNClassifieds_DataWriter_Classified->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1437
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in GFNClassifieds/ControllerPublic/Classified.php at line 1153
  5. GFNClassifieds_ControllerPublic_Classified->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/mysite.com/htdocs/index.php at line 13

Thanks. Yes a button called Skip or something similar would make sense on the feedback form, right now the pop up 'looks' modal and honestly it didn't strike me as optional (nor will it my users).

Actually I really don't see how feedback is optional, this is what it shows up when marking an ad as sold. @Mr. Goodie2Shoes

test - Mark As Sold
Are you sure you want to mark this classified as sold?
Please note that a classified once marked as sold cannot be reopened.

The Other Party:Required
Please select the member of this community with whom you did business with for this classified.

Note the Required and the fact that this is a modal (and I cannot click elsewhere). Also cancel simply backs out.

Just so I'm clear, supplying the name of the buyer I consider part of feedback.

Last edited:
For the registered package, have you selected all other groups in the "User is NOT a member of any of the selected User Groups"?

This has been fixed in RC 5

That's basically how XenForo's permission system work. I'll see what I can do about this.

Yes, it's an issue I have yet to look at.

Okay, will add it to my to-do list. :)

And it shall be added :D

I'll see what can be done about this.

You can't at this moment. The way system sees it is that if you are marking the ad as closed, then the transaction has been done by a second party in this community.

That's a hard coded limit in the database table.

Feedback IS 100% optional: the user can just go to another page, but I get your point. Maybe I should add a check box in the closing form asking if the user wants to rate the other party or not.

I might've missed this feature request. o_O

Yeah, it does make sense.

Looks like the installer didn't get properly executed for the upgrade.

This is due to the missing open_graph meta tags.

@Nelson T.

Please tell me how showing packages made available to specific groups being available to a user belonging to the SAME groups is a bug? Just because it doesn't work the way you expected doesn't mean that it is a bug.

I didn't mention anywhere in my post that I CORRECTED it, I just said I added support for user criteria that will give admins the ability to filter the packages more based on the user themselves.

The notification system is working correctly, the issue was related to a database entry that has been fixed in RC 5.

Not coming online for a day does not mean disappearing. I have 8AM to 5PM classes three days a week: that is the only reason I can't come online every three days per week and there's nothing I can do about it this semester. Though I do try to get back to everyone from my mobile phone, but that's not always possible.

If you select "NOT A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS" for ALL groups other than the group you want to select the package for, you get an error"

Classifieds>
The Hobby-Machinist - Error
no_valid_usable_package_found

You have to unselect REGISTERED USERS also!

This needs to be fixed.

I won't call this a "BUG" if that bothers you, but WHY have an option to select a package for certain user groups if you CANNOT isolate that package to those user groups? It makes the option useless.

Again, I would like this classified addon to permit me to charge a fee for the groups:

Registered
Newbies
Actives
Donors
and Staff

That should be a very simple thing to do.

If you select "NOT A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS" for ALL groups other than the group you want to select the package for, you get an error"

Classifieds>
The Hobby-Machinist - Error
no_valid_usable_package_found

You have to unselect REGISTERED USERS also!

This needs to be fixed.

I won't call this a "BUG" if that bothers you, but WHY have an option to select a package for certain user groups if you CANNOT isolate that package to those user groups? It makes the option useless.

Again, I would like this classified addon to permit me to charge a fee for the groups:

Registered
Newbies
Actives
Donors
and Staff

That should be a very simple thing to do.

He's already stated that it isn't designed to work like that. You're basically asking him to redesign the package permissions just because 'you' want it.
If you want something specific then you're going to have to pay for a custom build.

Hello, thank for your reply. Hơ i can fix it?

I did this - I selected "not a member" of all other groups but the group I am trying to target, but an error resulted "no_valid_usable_package_found"
So then I unselected "Registered users" from the list, and it seems to have worked.

However, my users are reporting many bugs with the system. I am trying to get specifics.

Looks like the notification issue has persisted into RC5. All members are still getting a bunch of notifications.

Edit: I see a lot of requests and stuff popping up. I suggest getting a roadmap started or something and feature locking the rest of the RC's to focus on bug fixing and get a solid stable version out and then start working on new features/requests.

Last edited:
He's already stated that it isn't designed to work like that. You're basically asking him to redesign the package permissions just because 'you' want it.
If you want something specific then you're going to have to pay for a custom build.
At this point, it's probably most appropriate to let the author respond for himself, especially when it comes to the decision as to what is a reasonable change request, or a paid development request.

I think i am having a problem, i am testing stuff and i want to register a new classified and on the first site choose category they are all greyd out so i cant select a category, se picture

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    12 KB · Views: 17
Just give him a refund and send him on his way, he's been passive aggressive towards you for well over a year now...
Yeah... I thought that we got off on the wrong foot and we can work it out. But I guess I was wrong...
Argument 2 passed to GFNClassifieds_Model_ClassifiedWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnCreate() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/mysite.com/htdocs/library/GFNClassifieds/DataWriter/Classified.php on line 750 and defined
I will look at the other issues you posted in the email and will try to push the fix tonight.
Under profile, trader profile, you seem to be overriding the Following and Followers block with some styling, stop it :) (specifically .followBlocks is not inheriting styling)
I haven't overridden any styling :/
Truth be told, what bothers me is the fact that you are not getting my point: That option is there to make different packages available to different user groups and there can be multiple available at the same time, not to isolate them with only one package.
Looks like the notification issue has persisted into RC5. All members are still getting a bunch of notifications.
Looking into this.
I think i am having a problem, i am testing stuff and i want to register a new classified and on the first site choose category they are all greyd out so i cant select a category, se picture
You'll need to select at least one advert type and one package to allow classifieds in a category.
Is anyone using this on a live website yet?
There are some that I know of.

I didn't bring up anything due to a grudge against you. I simply needed help for how I wish to implement your addon on our site. If I had a grudge, I would not have bought it.

Consider my comments a request for an additional feature that allows one package per user group.

We need to monetize classifieds on our site, and we need to charge members based upon their level of forum activity, and whether they made a donation. Active members should pay less fees than those who come just to sell, and donors should pay less than anyone.

Active donors should pay the very least.
That is what I am seeking to do.

Top Bottom