GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Is it usable as it is ryan being beta and all
It works as is. The next release is for seller and buyer feedback mostly, as I understand. Future releases will expand function dramatically, with the introduction of an auction system, for example.

Our limitation at present is that the price of the item is limited to 99M. That isn't a concern for normal forums, but we are dealing in a virtual currency and often have trades with price tags of 100B gold (fake, in game currency).

There are some other minor things, like displaying a features item slider, that would be nice as well. It sounds like some other people have encounteres other dilemmas, but I dont know what those are. The addon seems stable. I'm happy with the add-on, but really need this update.

What's done is usable – we've tested it on our development site and people were able to make new classifieds with no trouble. It's actually pretty impressive! Our beta testers liked it. It seemed stable enough on 1.5.

However, it is missing important features and feels unfinished. I don't consider it usable for our site until it has a rating system and other features. We have a large site with a popular classifieds area; it might be different if we were smaller and introducing classifieds for the first time. I think for a simple use, the current version would be ok. But if you buy it, there is a risk that some missing feature will be a dealbreaker.

We're in no hurry and I don't mind waiting. My fear is that at this rate, it will be perfected just in time for xf2 to make it obsolete, and then there may not be adequate support a year or two down the road. It's very difficult to manage a project like this while still in school, and Goodie's doing a great job of that, even if there have been some lapses. But it's also hard to manage a project as you grow your career, or start a family, etc. It doesn't get easier. I think this is an issue for nearly all xf developers; lately it seems like a lot of them are really struggling or just moving on.

Thanks guys, i currently just use a forum for classifieds and need to take the next step so sounds like it will fit the bill of a basic classifieds system at this stage.

xenforo software = good

xenforo addons = bad bad bad

there was only one serious dev here and he went by the name Chris D and xenforo hired him........

IME, this is not true at all. We're running over 50 add-ons that really take XF to the next level. There are all kinds of devs making 3rd party add-ons. I think that in this case, Mr. twoshoes got everyone so excited by such a great beta... then real life kicks in. I would simply propose that XF not allow beta addons to be published in the resource center (or at least not for $$). Then we don't have the problem.

PS - don't get down too hard on @Mr. Goodie2Shoes. He's going to come out with a RC that'll knock our socks off. But let's encourage him. If you spent $$ on beta software with no written contract with the dev, then that's your issue :whistle:. I'm happy to have bought into this, I think it's going to be awesome if we give him a chance.

Last edited:
IME, this is not true at all. We're running over 50 add-ons that really take XF to the next level. There are all kinds of devs making 3rd party add-ons. I think that in this case, Mr. twoshoes got everyone so excited by such a great beta... then real life kicks in. I would simply propose that XF not allow beta addons to be published in the resource center (or at least not for $$). Then we don't have the problem.

PS - don't get down too hard on @Mr. Goodie2Shoes. He's going to come out with a RC that'll knock our socks off. But let's encourage him. If you spent $$ on beta software with no written contract with the dev, then that's your issue :whistle:. I'm happy to have bought into this, I think it's going to be awesome if we give him a chance.

I agree with you -- the $50 isn't the point, consider it like a kickstarter, where you have no idea if anything will come of it. You take a chance.

The lack of communication and support is the more worrying aspect. I will reiterate what I said in another thread: for many of us, XF isn't just a hobby, we are spending real money on it and add-ons in order to support communities that are important to us. Add-on developers need to realize this and set up their own personal business models accordingly. The reality is if a classified add-on was both complete, and well supported (with frequent add-ons), an author could probably get away with charging $100 annually -- because highly-trafficked, professional boards would be willing to pay more just for the certainty of future development.

I also hope he's ok! His support was actually really great just up until this semester. I think he must just not have access to being online, or at least that's what I hope.

I look at this (and any other add-on marked beta) the same way I look at kickstarter projects too. Most of them work out fine, they just take way longer than expected.

Last I heard from him the next update was suppose to be 10/25 - which didn't happen

No. I guess we're way passed that date by now.

A status update would be nice. I don't mind waiting - it's a complex add-on (just look at the amount of phrasing, took me a day to translate), but I'm leaning towards supporting that other add-on instead if there's no news this week. I really need something come christmas :)

A small status update would be nice. I don't mind waiting - it's a complex add-on (just look at the amount of phrasing, took me a day to translate), but I'm leaning towards supporting that other add-on instead if there's no news this week. I really need something come christmas :)

What's the other

A status update would be nice. I don't mind waiting - it's a complex add-on (just look at the amount of phrasing, took me a day to translate), but I'm leaning towards supporting that other add-on instead if there's no news this week. I really need something come christmas :)

What's the other addon?

The marketplace add-on looks really good but doesn't seem like the same thing. On our site, members have to talk about the sale first. There's often haggling, or layaway arrangements or other things that have to be worked out before the deal is finalized. It seems like the marketplace add-on is more for regular vendors who sell merchandise at a fixed price.

Top Bottom