GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

UPDATE: Still a couple of public templates missing and I have to restructure the permission definitions for the trader ratings. Also, now that I think about it: it's not really "advertisers" but "traders" that I should have used in the links and phrases :(

Any who, here's some screenshots for the rating at work:
View attachment 120226 View attachment 120228 View attachment 120236
Rating criteria has been added and will be displayed in the rating view page:
View attachment 120241

So things I have done/doing are:
  • Re-do the advertiser (now "trader") view page - WORKING
  • Bug fix when prefix needs to be re-selected when editing a classified - DONE
  • Bug fix related to Google indexing issue - DONE
  • Support for admin definable default package when creating a classified - DONE
  • Classified Blocks in forum home and support [bd] Widget Framework - NOT STARTED YET
  • Added "Your Classifieds" inside the visitor tab - DONE
  • Bug fix for disallowing empty string in the price field - DONE
  • Bug fix for image overlay not working in thread view - DONE
  • Added social meta tags in classified view - DONE
  • A lot of other minor bug fixes and improvements - DONE
  • And last but not least: Trader Rating support - WORKING
I have moved support for advertiser field (now trader field) to RC2.
I wont be available tomorrow so will publish RC1 on Tuesday since a little bit of work is left out with some bugs I just found in the rating system. :)
It's looking good... getting excited for the release.

Is there a manual change I can make to increase the number of digits that the price field can accept while waiting for the next update?

This is as expected as the system will first resize the shortest side to the length set in the system option and crop it out to a square so edges will be cut off if it's a rectangle.

Edit the template classifieds_sidebar_block_stats and remove everything in the editor.

Edit the template classifieds_list_item and at the very bottom delete the
Code:
<div class="listBlock classifiedStats">
block.

Edit the same template and remove
Code:
<xen:avatar user="$classified" size="s" img="true" class="creatorMini" />
at the top.

And yet again I failed to publish on time :(

Thank you very much it worked perfectly

How do I to place a shaded box for "Categories"? I'd like to distinguish it from the rest.

upload_2015-10-31_10-51-54.webp

And is it possible to change random classified into "Featured item"? I'd like to have it rotate thru other featured items with each refresh of the page.
upload_2015-10-31_10-55-59.webp

I hate to be cynical about this, but the "rock solid release date" for RC1 is now a week in the rear-view mirror, with no update about why it was late, or what to expect next.

This may be the first time a xenforo add-on was abandoned before it was ever released! :) (joking. sort of.)

But the bigger issue here is that even if a release does finally make it, how can anyone feel confident about using it in a professional context, with this sort of support? Not cool for a commercial add-on ....

I hate to be cynical about this, but the "rock solid release date" for RC1 is now a week in the rear-view mirror, with no update about why it was late, or what to expect next.

This may be the first time a xenforo add-on was abandoned before it was ever released! :) (joking. sort of.)

But the bigger issue here is that even if a release does finally make it, how can anyone feel confident about using it in a professional context, with this sort of support? Not cool for a commercial add-on ....
I no longer trust him

Just assume the following
Actual Release Date = Stated Release Date * 3 + 14 :-)
and you won't be perpetually disappointed. If he releases a working product in the next month I will be satisfied.

I have been watching this resource for a while now but too afraid that it will not be finished or supported.

Agreed that there is a definite need for a good classified/for sale mod for commercial forum use and it seems that this add-on is not it.

Hopefully someone will release something soon. I'd be willing to pay a premium for a good product.

I have been watching this resource for a while now but too afraid that it will not be finished or supported.

Agreed that there is a definite need for a good classified/for sale mod for commercial forum use and it seems that this add-on is not it.

Hopefully someone will release something soon. I'd be willing to pay a premium for a good product.

Probably for another thread, but I think this is just illustrative of broader problems within the xenforo development community.

I'm not sure whether the folks at XF don't care about fostering better add-ons, or if they are so focused on getting 2.0 out the door that they aren't noticing what is happening out here.

But from where I sit, many of the add-ons (even the 'commercial' ones that users are paying real money for) are incomplete, buggy, or unsupported. Or all of the above.

The fact that some of the largest and best add-on developers have packed it in & sold their modules off to Audentio should be cause for concern for everyone that relies on this platform. Particularly because the core of XF is so tightly scoped, that a significant number of add-ons are necessary just to get the feature set users expect in 2015.

I am anxiously awaiting more information about 2.0, but it would be reassuring if the core devs could verbalize a plan to improve the quality and quantity of add-ons.

Well, some posts got self-moderated here. :)

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes do you plan on releasing the long awaited RC any time soon? It's been many months. If not please let us know so we can make arrangements and move on.

Shame as this had the makings of the most complete and solid classifieds addon, nothing came close.

xenforo software = good

xenforo addons = bad bad bad

there was only one serious dev here and he went by the name Chris D and xenforo hired him........

I really need this type of addon and need to start looking at testing it to see how useable it is in its current stage of development however it seems the only way to do this is to pay $50 for it now in beta form but there is some question of whether it will be completed. The risk is blowing $50 on it.

G2S please advise on how close you are to a release...thanks

I hope @Mr. Goodie2Shoes replies soon. The natives are getting restless. Just a simple update is all most people need. Disappearing for even a short while is the worst you can do. People forgive release delays, but are harsh on silence.

We need to give the benefit of doubt and understand that development of something of this magnitude is thwart with problems and missed deliverable dates however communication is all that is needed to initiate this understanding and resulting support

I really need this type of addon and need to start looking at testing it to see how useable it is in its current stage of development however it seems the only way to do this is to pay $50 for it now in beta form but there is some question of whether it will be completed. The risk is blowing $50 on it.

The risk is not just blowing $50 on it, unfortunately. I gladly threw in my $50, not knowing if development would ever be completed (I view contributions in this was as something of a kickstarter -- if it works, great. if not, not... it is seed money to get the developer off on the right foot.)

The real risk is using an add-on like this in a professional setting. Bad support and blown deadlines on the order of months simply aren't acceptable when your site is important to you, and your members. If we implemented this once it was considered "stable", rolled it out to our community, and there were bugs that never got fixed or vulnerabilities that were never patched, we'd be ripped a new one by our site members. And rightly so.

Thus, even if this add-on is somehow completed in the next month or two, we would have difficulty making use of it for the aforementioned reasons.

We are OT but... this is a too much generic conclusion. There are very good 3rd parties addons on the RM.
Agreed. There are plenty of excellent devs around the community.

Would really love a new release date estimate on this add-on. We are using it on our site and are anxious for the next release. It looked like it was very close.

Top Bottom