Go To Top !

Go To Top ! 2.2.1

No permission to download
Nope, not for this one. I just wanted a basic addon and changing it will require too much time. But if someone wants to do it, that will be nice.
I can share what I did for AVForums. We have the black medium sized button, so that's what I created.
First I edited the gototop phrase to clear out the text.
Then I added this css to our avforums.css. Other people will want to put it in EXTRA.css.
Code:
#toTop:before, #toTopIE:before, #toTopHover:before, #toTopHoverIE:before {
    content: "\f077 ";
    font-family: fontawesome;
    font-size: 16px;
    line-height: 50px;
    padding: 16px;
}
#toTop:before, #toTopIE:before {
    background-color: @tooltipBackground;
}
#toTopHover:before, #toTopHoverIE:before {
    color: @dimmedTextColor;
}

#toTop, #toTopIE, #toTopHover, #toTopHoverIE {
    background: inherit;
    border-radius: 10px;
    border: 2px solid @pageBackground;
    position: fixed;
    right: 10px;
    bottom: 10px;
    width: inherit;
    height: inherit;
}

#toTop, #toTopIE {
    color: @textCtrlBackground;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-indent: inherit;
    z-index: 6000000;
}
#toTopHover, #toTopHoverIE {
    opacity: 0;
}

z-index needs to be ridiculously high to ensure the button stays above advertising components: http://www.iab.net/guidelines/508676/508767/displayguidelines

Last edited:
The preview of the version 2 of this addon is now on Gitub for testings. It has been almost fully rewritten but it should preserve your previous customizations. It's only working with versions of XenForo above the 1.2.x. There are a few new features, I let you discover them at the moment.

Since you might have heavily customized the previous versions of this addon I will recommend you to first test it on your dev board. I'm tested it now on a live board.

Github page: https://github.com/cclaerhout/xen_GoToTop (see the download button at the bottom right).

The preview of the version 2 of this addon is now on Gitub for testings. It has been almost fully rewritten but it should preserve your previous customizations. It's only working with versions of XenForo above the 1.2.x. There are a few new features, I let you discover them at the moment.

Since you might have heavily customized the previous versions of this addon I will recommend you to first test it on your dev board. I'm tested it now on a live board.

Github page: https://github.com/cclaerhout/xen_GoToTop (see the download button at the bottom right).
is ts not working with 1.2 ? only above ?

and what is searching in the tms with this
HTML:
#^.*?$#si

is ts not working with 1.2 ? only above ?

and what is searching in the tms with this
HTML:
#^.*?$#si
I don' t understand your question, could you please rephrase it?

If you want to update the version 2 of this addon to XenForo 1.1 using TMS, there would have also some Javascript modifications to do. That's why I've chosen for this addon to drop the compatibility with XenForo 1.1.

For TMS, it's not more needed on XenForo 1.2.x for global replacements. But Guiltar made a version that allows to perform replacements by styles (on 1.2).

Images of the 2.0 version. P.S: the current version on Github just needs a small fix about a css font size (need to be reduced) on the mini button mode with the QuoteMe Trigger.

Attachments

• a1.webp
    a1.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 12
  • a2.webp
    a2.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 12
  • a3.webp
    a3.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
  • a4.webp
    a4.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 12
  • a5.webp
    a5.webp
    7 KB · Views: 12
  • a6.webp
    a6.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 12
  • a7.webp
    a7.webp
    45 KB · Views: 12
cclaerhout updated Go To Top ! with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.0

Version 2.0.0 released

This new version is a major one. Most of the code has been rewritten. It's no more compatible with XenForo 1.1.x. Since you might have heavily customized the previous versions of this addon I will recommend you to first test it on your dev board. I don't think there will be any problem though because I've kept the same html and css structure to avoid any break.

So, what new?

• New "Pure css" styles that don't use any image
    • New...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Works great! Thanks for adding a go to bottom option. The screenshots in your resource don't reflect what the buttons look like. Are those the old buttons?

Top Bottom